1 Front Street is ideally located for a family stay for those that want to explore the beautiful Eden Valley, Lake District and Yorkshire Dales. The traditional Cumbrian cottage is equally suitable as a romantic retreat with relaxing evenings in front of the wood burning stove, or simply enjoying the quaint village of Orton with village pub, walks and cycle routes.
The picturesque Cumbrian village of Orton is surrounded with open countryside and fells to explore, and a beck that runs through the village. Close to the M6 to provide a good base from which to explore the Lake District as well as the Yorkshire dales. Orton is a popular destination for walkers especially for those taking part in coast-to-coast wall from St Bees in Cumbria to Robin Hood’s Bay in Yorkshire. Orton has a village pub serving real ale and home cooked hearty meals, village shop, chocolate shop and farmers market.
This traditional Lake District cottage has been recently refurbed providing a cosy and welcoming cottage, whilst keeping many of the original features such as beamed ceiling and stone surround wood burning stove. The cottage is an ideal base for a family stay any time of the year, as well as a romantic stay enjoying a winter’s evening in front of the wood burning stove, or a summer’s day out exploring the beautiful scenery.
The cottage is oil central heated and comprises:
- Lounge with beams to ceiling, wood burning stove, flat screen TV, 2 two seater sofas, armchair and staircase to first floor.
- Kitchen with electric oven and hob, fridge / freezer, microwave, washing machine, door to rear garden. Dining table and chairs.
- Master double bedroom.
- Twin bedroom.
- Single bedroom.
- Family bathroom with shower over bath, WC and basin.
- All oil, electric, bed linen and towels provided.
- On street parking for up to two cars.
- Outside to the rear of the cottage is a raised patio area with garden furniture accessed by stone steps.