Download a copy of our information for new owners now.
With over twenty years experience in the holiday cottage market in both letting our own holiday cottages and as the former owners of Cumbrian Cottages, the largest Cumbrian agency we have now formed a new company, Lakes Cottage Holidays.
Our aim is to market a select number of holiday cottages and apartments throughout Cumbria and the Lake District. We intend to limit our range of cottages to enable us to offer a personal service to both the cottage owner and the holidaymaker.
As native Cumbrians, we pride ourselves on living and working in one of the most beautiful areas of the British Isles. Our staff share our aims in providing a high level of customer service and are dedicated to help manage your property to achieve its full letting potential.
If you feel your property could help fill our cottages wanted requirements, please Email your name, address and telephone number to receive a full copy of our Information for New Owners.
Alternatively please telephone
David Hogarth (Carlisle and the Eden Valley) 07702 488495
Karen Smith (Northern Lake District) 017687 74060
Michelle Groves (Southern Lake District) 015394 48081
We urgently need properties in the following areas.
Keswick, Bassenthwaite, Cockermouth, Ullswater, Grasmere, Langdale, Ambleside, Windermere, Kendal, South Lakes, Carlisle, Penrith, Eden Valley, Hadrian's Wall
Telephone us now to add your property to one of the fastest growing agencies with over 20 years experience in the holiday letting market.
Our sister company Cottage Holiday Group require cottages in other area including Lancashire, Yorkshire, The Dales, Northumberland, The Peak District, Cornwall, Devon, Scotland and Ireland, for further information visit www.cottageholidaygroup.co.uk.
BENEFITS OF USING LAKES COTTAGE HOLIDAYS
- We are a new, although experienced company who offer a personal service to both the owners and holidaymakers.
- Unlike other agents we are happy to work alongside the owner who can continue to take their own bookings if required.
- We can offer a full management service or cleaning service on the owner’s behalf.
- We offer a streamlined, easy to use administration system.
- With the exception of last minute bookings, payment to the owner is in advance of the holiday. Monthly payments are made directly into your bank account.
- We have sales offices in Keswick, Windermere, Carlisle, Penrith and Kirkby Stephen.
- Excellent website to enable us to market and advertise your cottage to a larger audience. In addition, we enter your property on other websites to enhance the individual site entry on Lakes Cottage Holidays.
- On line reservations 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, ensuring you never lose a booking.
MARKETING ON OUR WEBSITE
Increasingly important to the marketing of your property is its inclusion on our website which can be done within three or four days of the initial meeting. Our website is continually being added to, both with new cottages and in the content and layout.
- Our properties are featured by location, the number of people it sleeps and whether it is pet friendly.
- To further enhance your brochure entry up to 20 colour photos are shown along with full availability and prices listed for a week and a short break.
- Holidaymakers are able to reserve your accommodation on line through our secure server, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- We also have a ‘late availability’ section which is updated twice weekly and generates a lot of last minute bookings.
- We also place your cottage on other websites we feel would increase the marketing of your cottage.
SALES OFFICES – KESWICK, WINDERMERE, CARLISLE, PENRITH AND KIRKBY STEPHEN
We have an office at 9 Station Street, Keswick which is within 100 yards of the Keswick Tourist Information office and is used both as a sales and management office.
Our Windermere office at 17 Main Road is also a sales and management office.
They have both been extremely well received from visitors to the area both in booking properties on a last minute basis or booking ahead for the following year’s holiday. In addition, it is good to meet our customers on a “face to face” basis to offer advice on both location and individual cottages.
Our Carlisle office, which we share with Cumbrian Properties Estate Agent, is used as an administration office, it is there that any owner’s enquiries and payments will be looked after.
We regularly attend local exhibitions which we find is a great way to meet new owners and holidaymakers and we can discuss in person any questions or concerns you may have when considering placing your cottage with us.
For details of our next exhibition please contact Caroline or Rachael on 01228 591555.
WE CAN HELP YOU WITH YOUR SEARCH FOR A HOLIDAY COTTAGE
Our sister company, Cumbrian Properties Estate Agents, have offices throughout Cumbria and North Lancashire.
We formed Cumbrian Properties 15 years ago, initially specialising in holiday cottages and properties suitable to be utilised for holiday letting. Our website, http://www.cumbrian-properties.co.uk/ has a feature “Holiday cottages for sale”. We would be pleased to help you to find a suitable property for holiday letting, either through Cumbrian Properties or through our other contacts with estate agents in the area. Additionally, we know of some owners that may be considering selling their investment as a going concern. If this is of interest to you, we can discuss your requirements or enter you on our email list.
The Cumberland Building Society offer finance for the purchase of Holiday Cottages, not just in Cumbria but nationwide and have currently got some good deals. Click on the logo below to visit their website.
Think carefully before securing other debts against your home. Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on a mortgage or any other debt secured on it
HOLIDAY COTTAGE INSURANCE
It is important to have adequate holiday cottage insurance when renting out your property to the public. The Cottagesure policy offers a competitively priced package for holiday let property owners which extends to cover Public Liability Insurance, equipment breakdown and theft or accidental damage caused by guests.
Download a Holiday Cottage Insurance Quotation Form here.