In a Nutshell
- Five bathrooms
- Private Garden
- Private parking
- Washing machine
- Open fire
Acharossan House is a beautifully presented period house with open fires and ample space for larger parties to relax in and enjoy, including private tennis court. Tucked away in its own secluded location amongst 1200 acres of farmland you are assured of a wonderful comfortable stay here - the perfect tranquil retreat to return to at the end of a day exploring the countryside.
The Cowal Peninsula is an ideal holiday location, renowned for its beautiful rugged coastline, hills and lochs as well as its historic sites. Friendly people and lots of exciting activities including sailing, golfing, fishing, walking, cycling and sightseeing to make your visit to this corner of Argyll a memorable one. The properties are centrally and conveniently placed to explore the islands, and only two hours drive from Glasgow.
Acharossan Holiday Cottages offer high quality all year round self catering accommodation, located near Loch Fyne and the Kyles of Bute, Argyll, on the west coast of Scotland. Acharossan House, Lilybank, Inveryne Cottage and Craigard Cottage each have their own individual character and size with tasteful decor and style, providing comfort and the ideal base to unwind and explore. The cottages can be let individually or combined depending upon your size of party. Time spent here is perfect for family holidays, friends spending time together, romantic retreats and lovers of the open country life. Acharossan, a former lodge on the drove road from Kilfinan to Tighnabruaich stands in its own farmland with views towards Kintyre over Loch Fyne. Lilybank, named for the wild daffodils in spring, has stood in its unique setting for 200 years. Inveryne Cottage has panoramic views over Loch Fyne and the setting sun. Craigard Cottage in Tighnabruaich has beautiful views of the Isles of Bute and Arran. There is wonderful fresh local produce that is available to try including delicious game and venison sourced locally, along with shellfish, salmon and halibut, local artisan cheese, meats and Loch Fyne Ales.
Just over the hill from the tiny village of Kilfinan, this former 18th century Laird's house has recently undergone a complete renovation whilst preserving the character and charm of the old and combining it with the ease of the new. First impression as you enter the house is the bright, spacious feel and tasteful decor throughout. With a five star grading and five en-suite bedrooms it comfortably sleeps up to 11 people. It is a sensational all year round holiday destination, with fabulous entertaining space ideal for larger parties wishing to enjoy a self catering holiday together in superb, unspoilt natural beauty. Its location is the ideal base to relax with friends and family or venture out and explore all that there is on offer to do and see in this spectacular part of Argyll.
The gas central heated accommodation comprises:
- Large open plan kitchen/conservatory with electric/gas range cookers, microwave, freezer, fridge, dishwasher, and washing machine/dryer.
- Library with Sky TV, Wi-Fi and cosy open fire.
- Comfortable sitting room with open log fire making it easy to unwind with logs provided.
- Underfloor heating throughout downstairs with oak and flagstone flooring.
- To the first floor: Double bedroom with en-suite with WC, wash hand basin, bath and separate shower cubicle.
- Second double bedroom with en-suite with WC, wash hand basin, bath and separate shower cubicle.
- Bunk room en-suite with WC, wash hand basin and separate shower cubicle.
- Single bedroom with four poster bed and en-suite with WC, wash hand basin, and separate shower cubicle.
- Shower room with WC, wash hand basin and separate shower.
- To the second floor: Large open spacious area at the top of the stairs with two large velux windows, two twin beds and TV.
- Door from this area leading to twin room.
- Large private garden to enjoy the peace and quiet.
- Relax on the terrace with garden furniture and BBQ provided including a starter pack of charcoal.
- Play tennis in your own private tennis court.
- All heating, electricity, bed linen and towels provided.
- Hair dryers provided.
- Travel cot and two high chairs available to hire.
- Two dogs welcome.
PLEASE NOTE There is a charge of £10 and £5 respectively to hire a cot and highchair per week.
2 dogs are welcome at a cost of £20 per dog per week.
Cancellation Protection is available, please ensure this meets your requirements prior to adding to your booking.
To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.