In a Nutshell
- Two bathrooms
- Private Garden
- Private parking
- Pub within walking distance
- Washing machine
- Wood burning stove
Situated to the north of Skiddaw in the pretty village of Ireby this 2 bedroomed cottage which sleeps four people is ideally located to explore the northern lakes. Free use of two mountain bikes and a set of golf clubs.
Situated just to the north of Skiddaw, Ireby is an excellent centre for touring and walking throughout the northern Lakes yet is relatively unspoilt and provides a haven from the hustle and bustle of the busier parts of the Lake District. Ambleside and Windermere are however within easy reach.
There are numerous walking opportunities from the door over the Caldbeck Fells and Skiddaw which leads you into Keswick (12 miles by road) where many amenities including Derwent Water, restaurants, pubs and shops await you. After a busy day on the fells or sight seeing a relaxed evening can be enjoyed sat around the stove in this cosy cottage or in the local pub, just next door, which serves a variety of beers and good home cooked food.
Ale Cottage has retained much of its original character with exposed beams and latched doors throughout and is heated by night storage heaters, and is accessed by first floor and comprises:
- Ground floor Double bedroom with en-suite shower room, hand basin and WC.
- Garage housing washing machine, tumble dryer and freezer.
- First floor: Lounge with solid fuel stove, Sky Free sat TV, DVD player, home cinema system and CD player with i-Pod dock.
- Kitchen with electric cooker and hob, microwave, fridge and dishwasher.
- Twin bedroom.
- Bathroom with shower over bath, hand basin and WC.
- All electric, bed linen and towels are included.
- Garage and private parking.
- Garden with patio furniture and BBQ.
- Two mountain bikes and a set of golf clubs are available for use free of charge.
- A cot, highchair and stair gate are available.
- Wi-Fi available for browsing and checking e-mails.
PLEASE NOTE There is a charge of £10 to hire a cot per week.
3 dogs are welcome at £20 per dog per week
Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation.
To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.
We love your cottage Heather. Thanks coming again soon
Kelly & Jon
Great Cottage thank you for letting us borrow it. We liked the cake a really nice touch. The walks around keswick were very enjoyable.
Ruth & Howard Willie
Thank you for making Ale cottage such a comfortable and well equipped holiday home. We have had a really enjoyable week.
Colin & Mary Reid
A wonderful cottage perfect to explore the lakes. Glorious weather and a good time had by all!
Lisa, Matt, Josh & Oscar the Cocker Spaniel
Lovely warm welcome to our holiday well kept cottage. We would recomment the local farm shop.
Derek & Dawn Dyer