In a Nutshell
- Two bathrooms
- No Garden
- On street parking
- New cottage
- Pub within walking distance
- Washing machine
Alston Townhouse is located in Alston close to the Eden Valley and Northumberland borders. Alston Townhouse provides a contemporary style accommodation over three floors for all the family, with lounge, playroom and four bedrooms the Alston cottage would be suitable for a family holiday for those wanting to explore the Northern Pennines.
Alston is steeped in history and was featured in the filming of Oliver Twist, starring Julie Walters, due to its characterful cobbled streets and period architecture. Local attractions include the South Tynedale narrow gauge railway and Killhope Water Wheel both located nearby. It has numerous nature walks to explore the surrounding landscapes, rivers, waterfalls, woodlands and wildlife.
Alston Townhouse is a four storey period townhouse dating from the 17th Century located in the conservation area of Alston overlooking the cobbled Front Street, Market Place and Market Cross with amenities on the doorstep, the townhouse provides ideal holiday accommodation for families or groups with spacious accommodation over four floors. The townhouse is decorated and furnished in a contemporary style.
The gas centrally heated cottage comprises:
- Ground floor: Study with work station and free Wi-Fi.
- Lounge overlooking the Market Place wall mounted flat screen television.
- Utility room with washing machine, tumble dryer, WC and hand basin.
- First Floor:Kitchen/dining room equipped with oven, glass ceramic hob, microwave, two fridges, dishwasher and dining area overlooking the Front Street and Market Place.
- Children’s playroom with games, wall mounted flat screen television and DVD player.
- Second Floor: Double bedroom.
- Small double bedroom.
- Bathroom with shower over bath, hand basin and WC.
- Third Floor: Double bedroom.
- Bunk bedroom with occasional use children's Z-bed.
- Bathroom with bath, shower cubicle, hand basin and WC.
- All gas, electricity, bed linen and towels are provided.
- Free Wi-Fi
- Off street unreserved parking in the Market Place.
- Please note at the time of booking if you would require the children's Z-bed.
- Cot and highchair available.
PLEASE NOTE Cancellation Protection is available, please ensure this meets your requirements prior to adding to your booking. Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation. To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
Loved the place the first time that we decided to come back for a second time. Even though the weather wasn't great being/staying in such a lovely accommodation made up for it.
Mr and Mrs Conway and Family
Fantastic time had by all. House is spotless and every detail is well thought out. No shortage of local pubs either, THANK YOU.
Daniel and Bishop Families
Had another great break, everything exceptional. Kind Regards, Sue x
Sue, Chris, Rory, Matt and Charlie Cannon
House tremendous with a superb eye for detail.
Alan, Joyce, Christopher and Matthew
Fabulous house, perfect location, wonderful break, thank you x
Sue, Chris, Rory, Matt and Charlie Cannon
Amazed by quality of accommodation. Ideal location, have enjoyed our stay in Alston. We felt at home while staying in Lantern House. Will recommend!
Mr & Mrs Yousaf and Family
Many thanks for the lovely house to stay in, a great family property. Enjoyed local walks and can recommend the two hotels for food. Will return!
Mark, Ann, Hannah and Lydia Heaton
We are very impressed with the house and think we are lucky to meet the owners, they are very friendly and made us feel at home.
Abdul Mohammed Al-Eyed, Saudi Arabia
Amazing property, way better than we expected. Really enjoyed our stay here. Will definitely recommend.
Very impressed with the amazing quality of the accommodation. We have thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Alston. Very family friendly would highly recommend!
Mr & Mrs Anderson and Mr and Mrs Conway and Families
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.