In a Nutshell
- Two bathrooms
- Secure Garden
- Private parking
- Open fire
Anvil Cottage sleeps 6 and is located opposite the former home of Beatrix Potter, the cottage has a multi fuel stove great for winters evenings, whilst the small garden is ideal for those warm summer nights.
Near Sawrey is located on the western side of Lake Windermere, 2 miles south of Hawkshead and 5 miles east of Coniston. The local area is steeped in history and is well known for its association with Beatrix Potter who lived opposite at ‘Hill Top'. Close by there are numerous off road walks and mountain bike routes including Grisedale north shore trails.
Anvil Cottage, once the village bakery and more recently known as Molly Green's Tea Room is a well appointed, double fronted, traditional Lakeland stone cottage centrally located in the village within 100 yards of the Tower Bank Arms, as featured in Beatrix Potters books. The cottage is well equipped for modern day living but has retained much of its original features with slate flagged floors and coal fire.
The cottage has oil fired central heating and comprises:
- Lounge with slate flagged floor, multi fuel stove and satellite TV.
- Dining room with CD player.
- Kitchen with electric oven and hob, fridge/freezer and microwave.
- Utility room with washing machine, tumble dryer and dishwasher.
- Shower room with hand basin and WC.
- First Floor: Two double bedrooms one with satelliteTV and DVD player.
- Family bedroom with single and bunk beds.
- Bathroom with hand basin and WC.
- All oil, electric, coal, logs and bed linen included.
- Small enclosed secure garden ideal for pets and children and driveway with parking for one car and single garage.
PLEASE NOTE There is a charge of £10 and £5 respectively to hire a cot and highchair per week.
4 dogs are welcome at £20 per dog per week
Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation.
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.
We have just returned from a weeks holiday at Anvil Cottage and will certainly be returning! Not only was the cottage very spacious but well appointed. We enjoyed visiting Beatrix Potter's house at Hill Top.
Stephen and Moria