In a Nutshell
- Three bathrooms
- Shared Garden
- Private parking
- Pub within walking distance
- Washing machine
- Wood burning stove
Located in an area of peace and quiet this luxury Lake District cottage is located 2 miles south of Kendal. Sleeping 8 the cottage is ideal for 2 families or groups wishing to explore the southern Lake District or Yorkshire Dales. The barn conversion has a warming log burning stove for cosy winter nights in and the garden is ideal for relaxing in on a summers evening. The cottage will take short breaks all year round, ideal for a weekend getaway to recharge your batteries.
Kendal has easy access to the M6 making the location ideal as a touring base, Kirkby Lonsdale and the Yorkshire Dales are 20 minutes to the east and to the west Windermere and the south Lakes are easily accessible and within half an hour. Kendal is a thrieving community with numerous shops, bars and restaurants and river walks can be enjoyed along the River Kent. The cottages are located in the hamlet of Barrows Green, 2 miles south of Kendal, with a village pub.
Autumn Cottage is one of 2 adjoining barn conversions that has been tastefully renovated, beautifully furnished and extensively equipped to provide for the discerning holidaymaker who will appreciate the standard of accommodation provided. The barn conversion has been furnished with a blend of traditional and contemporary style using the owners imaginative flair for colour and co-ordinated fabrics to provide a superb holiday cottage to be enjoyed at any time of the year.
The cottage provides family accommodation that is equally suitable for get togethers and celebrations and takes short breaks all year round.
The cottage has oil central heating and comprises:
- The lounge is a superb characterful room with beamed ceiling, stone fireplace with wood mantle housing wood burning stove, full wall of library with selection of books, fold away patio doors lead to the garden area and wall mounted plasma TV.
- The Shaker style breakfast/kitchen has electric oven and hob, integrated fridge/freezer, dishwasher, microwave, dining table seating 8 and superb rural aspect.
- Utility room/cloakroom with washer/dryer, hand basin and WC
- First floor: Master double bedroom with painted wrought iron king size bed, plasma TV, rural outlook over the adjoining fields and en-suite shower room with hand basin and WC.
- Second double bedroom with king size bed, plasma TV and en-suite shower room with hand basin and WC.
- Double bedroom.
- Twin bedroom.
- Family bathroom with shower over bath, hand basin and WC.
- All oil, electric, bed linen, towels and initial supply of logs included.
- Cot and highchair available.
- Free Wi-Fi.
- Private parking for 6 cars.
- Storage space available for bikes
- The cottage has outside seating adjacent to the properties with further shared patio areas with garden seating and barbeque enjoying delightful rural aspect.
- £100 refundable breakage deposit payable.
PLEASE NOTE There is a charge of £10 and £5 respectively to hire a cot and highchair per week. Cancellation Protection is available, please ensure this meets your requirements prior to adding to your booking. Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation. To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.