In a Nutshell
- Four bathrooms
- No Garden
- Parking permit available
- Pub within walking distance
- Washing machine
Bakers Rest Cottage is a cosy and characterful four bedroom, four bathroom, first and second floor maisonette sleeping 8, with two king size beds, centrally located just off the centre of Grasmere it is an ideal base for a memorable holiday in the Lake District.
Grasmere is internationally acclaimed not only for its Wordsworth connections but also as it sits at the northern tip of the lake with the fells towering above in the most stunning scenery imaginable. It is a walkers haven with low and high walks available in all directions.
A wide selection of tea rooms, restaurants and traditional village inns and a range of local shops including the world famous gingerbread shop and Heaton Cooper Art Gallery help to make this a popular destination at any time of the year.
Being situated in the centre of the Lake District's most popular village, Grasmere, makes Bakers Rest Cottage a popular choice for our discerning clients. Converted from, as the name suggests, the old bakery, the property has been updated with all modern comforts, including en-suites in each bedroom. Only a few minutes walk brings you to the shops, restaurants, pubs and the lake.
The first and second floor maisonette is centrally heated and comprises:
- First floor: Large dining lounge with picture windows with window seat and open views towards Helm Crag, TV and DVD player with electric coal effect fire.
- Kitchen with washer/dryer, dishwasher, oven/hob, fridge, freezer, microwave and island breakfast table.
- King size bedroom with en-suite shower room comprising hand basin and WC.
- Twin bedroom with en-suite shower room with hand basin and WC.
- Second floor: King size bedroom with en-suite bathroom, shower over bath, hand basin and WC.
- Twin bedroom with en-suite bathroom with shower over bath, hand basin and WC.
- All gas, electric, bed linen and towels are included.
- 2 parking permits provided for nearby car park.
- Extra parking can be purchased at the Red Bank Road car park (200m from the cottage) at a cost of £30 for 7 days or £15 for 3 days.
- Cot available.
- Free Wi-Fi available.
- £100 refundable breakage deposit payable.
PLEASE NOTE There is a charge of £10 and £5 respectively to hire a cot and highchair per week. Cancellation Protection is available, please ensure this meets your requirements prior to adding to your booking. Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.
Review #17465599 “BAKERS REST, Grasmere - a cottage that sleeps 8 guests in 4 bedrooms” Fantastic. ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ The property was stunning. It was very well equipped and clean. It was situated in the centre of Grasmere, with lovely views and the use of parking permits was fantastic. Three generations of our family stayed at Baker's Rest so the huge lounge and kitchen and the fact that all the bedrooms were on-suite meant the place was ideal. We would definitely recommend. Date of arrival 28 April 2017
This is an excellent family holiday home, spacious, lovely location and well equipped with a super central heating system and plenty of hot water for us all. The cleanliness of the property was a1. Great support from the Lakes Cottage Holidays staff.
It was a fabulous place to stay, so central and a warm home from home. We will be coming back.
Another fantastic week in Bakers Rest, great value!
The Lag Frets
Perfect venue for a family social occassion. The house is amazing, we will be back!
For the second year running Bakers Rest was perfect, warm, beautifully decorated and equipped, in a great location. Thank you
What a lovely property. Everything we needed and more. Here for my 50th birthday, the weather was great, what more can I say. Would love to come back.
Great central cottage, cant wait to come back next year, we travel from opposite ends of the country so the fact we can all meet here is fantastic. See you in 2010