In a Nutshell
- Two bathrooms
- Shared Garden
- Private parking
Suitable for wheel chair users, this is a ground floor apartment with a wet room and views of the surrounding fells. The apartment has use of the 2.5 acres of gardens and is an ideal retreat for those who wish to 'get away from it all'.
Located almost mid-way between Penrith and Keswick, a mile off the A66 with easy access both to Keswick and Ullswater both 15 minutes away. An idyllic location that will help you unwind and relax and enjoy the countryside on offer, a true Oasis of peace and tranquillity. Mungrisdale is a small hamlet with a fine local pub by a meandering stream which serves excellent bar meals. During warmer weather the stream is often filled with children paddling whilst the parents enjoy a lazy afternoon with a picnic whilst soaking up the scenery.
We are delighted to offer this superb, self-catering development of 7 properties that sit in a truly idyllic, elevated location with panoramic 360 degree views to nearby Saddleback and the Mungrisdale Valley. The cottages are located in a courtyard development next to the owners home who have used their extensive self-catering experience to cater for your every need and pride themselves on the standard of accommodation that they provide. The cottages are approached by a 1 mile track over the moorland amid 380 acres of classic Lakeland scenery.
The former outbuildings of the farmhouse have been skilfully converted by local craftsmen, retaining a wealth of features whilst combining the comforts of modern day living to provide one cottage sleeping 7, one sleeping 5, three 2 bedroom ground floor adjoining cottages, a 2 bedroom luxuriously appointed ground floor apartment and a first floor 1 bedroom apartment.
The properties are all set within 2.5 acres of well tended gardens with many private seating areas, allowing you to relax and take advantage of the stunning 360% views.
This luxury ground floor apartment has access suitable for wheel chairs and marvellous views of the surrounding fells and countryside, is centrally heated and comprises:
- Dining/lounge with flat screen TV and DVD player.
- Sun lounge with views towards Keswick and of Blencathra.
- Kitchen with electric cooker, fridge/freezer, dishwasher and microwave.
- Master bedroom with super king zip link bed which can convert to a twin and en-suite wet room with shower, hand basin and WC.
- Second bedroom with king size zip link bed and en-suite shower room with hand basin and WC.
- All oil, electric and bed linen included.
- Towels available to hire at £5 per set.
- Wi-Fi available.
- Cot and highchair available.
- Private parking.
- Shared use of the laundry room with 2 washing machines, tumble dryer and 2 drying cupboards all coin operated (£1 for 1 hour).
- Shared use of the large, well tended 2.5 acre gardens with garden furniture strategically placed to benefit from the superb 360 degree views.
PLEASE NOTE There is a charge of £10 and £5 respectively to hire a cot and highchair per week. 1 dog is welcome at a cost of £20 per dog per week. Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation. To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.