In a Nutshell
- One bathroom
- Secure Garden
- Private parking
- Washing machine
- Wood burning stove
- Budget cottage
Barn Roost is a characterful 2 bedroom cottage sleeping 4 with a cosy wood burning stove for those chilliy Cumbrian nights and a delightful garden to relax in after a day on the nearby fells. Pets are very welcome at this property.
Barn Roost is an absolutely beautiful Grade II listed cottage dating back to 1690's, nestling in the tranquil, rural hamlet of Ruthwaite, located in the Northern Fells within the National Park. The cottage has been fully refurbished, with the additional of a new kitchen and bathroom, whilst retaining the historic features that give it direct connections to the famous Cumbrian huntsman John Peel. He lived next door for thirty years and owned the barn that is now Barn Roost.
The cottage benefits from a charming, peaceful setting but is within easy reach of Keswick, Cockermouth and a wealth of amenities and tourist attractions. There are some excellent pubs nearby, Ireby 1 mile, Uldale 1.5 miles and Bassenthwaite 5 miles. It is beautifully appointed and furnished throughout and offers a wood burning stove and central heating for those chilly Cumbrian nights.
The accommodation comprises:
- Dining kitchen with electric oven and hob, dishwasher, fridge and microwave.
- Dining area with church pew and chapel chairs, opening into a characterful beamed lounge.
- Lounge with multi fuel stove, 32" smart TV with love film and i-Player, DVD and CD player.
- Conservatory with washer/dryer, drying area and stone sink. Access to enclosed rear garden and patio.
- First floor: Spacious beamed bedroom with brass double bed and TV/DVD.
- Bunk bedroom suitable for children.
- Bathroom with shower over bath, vanity hand basin, heated towel rail and WC.
- All electric, oil, bed linen and towels included.
- Parking for one car, plus ample on street parking.
- Enclosed rear garden and patio.
- Wi-Fi available free of charge.
PLEASE NOTE 3 dogs are welcome at £20 per dog per week.
Cancellation Protection is available, please ensure this meets your requirements prior to adding to your booking.
Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation.
To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.
I just had to send this to say how happy my husband and I have been since arriving at Barn Roost. This is the best holiday we have had for a very long time. The cottage is superb. It's a complete home from home. It's cosy and warm and a real pleasure to come back to after a day out. The owners have thought of everything and we would like to thank them. We are here until Saturday and will be sorry to leave. I have fallen in love with this cottage. Our two little dogs settled in straight away. We would come again that is for sure. Thank you once again.
Mr & Mrs Evans
We have just returned from a week in Barn Roost in Ruthwaite. I just wanted to say how wonderful it was! What a cottage. I really feel it is undersold in your adverts! It was way way beyond our expectations. It is spacious, light, comfortable, really well equipped, clean. Just perfect! And so quiet!We loved it and really did not want to leave! We felt it was like a work of art, lovingly crafted. The wood everywhere is beautiful. We will return! The dogs liked having their own bedroom in the Conservatory too! Fab space! Thank you. Best wishes Tina and Trace
Mr and Mrs Abbott