In a Nutshell
- One bathroom
- Private Garden
- Private parking
- Pub within walking distance
- Washing machine
Barney's Cottage is located in the heart of the village of Ambleside and sleeps five people, the cosy wood burning stove in the lounge makes this cottage a real home from home, ideal for a family get away at any time of year, whether its for a short break or a full week. Pets are also welcome in Barney's Cottage.
Barney’s Cottage is ideally located in the traditional lakeland village of Ambleside, set at the bottom of Kirkstone Pass and within a 2 minute level walk of the wide variety of shops, restaurants and tea rooms which Ambleside has to offer. The shores of Windermere at Waterhead are within walking distance where you can board a launch for a lake tour taking you to Bowness or Lakeside which has an aquarium and traditional steam railway. The picturesque village of Grasmere is a 10 minute drive or you may prefer to enjoy a leisurely walk along the old “coffin route” to Grasmere whilst taking in the spectacular views of the surrounding scenery, fells Rydal Water and Grasmere.
The cottage has been lovingly restored to an exacting standard catering perfectly for your every need. From the outside a traditional and characterful end terrace cottage, inside a contemporary style three storey cottage with every modern amenity, including under floor heating, full sky package and wi-fi. Barney’s Cottage is located next to Kirkstone Cottage in a row of similar style properties, overlooking the famous Little House on the Bridge once used as a private residence, but now open to the public to enjoy. Located 100 yards from a traditional Cumbrian pub, serving real ales and home cooked meals, the renowned Apple Pie Eating House is also close by their bath buns are delicious.
The Cottage has a wood burning stove ideal for relaxing in front of on cold Cumbrian nights after a long day walking the fells and exploring the local villages. For those warmer days and evenings there is a small patio with seating where you can relax with a glass of wine.
Barneys Cottage is heated by under floor heating and is immaculately presented with great attention to detail ,laid over three floors and comprises:
- Open plan living room with wood burning stove, LCD TV, DVD player and full sky package, a wide selection of books, DVD’s and games are also available.
- Dining shaker style kitchen equipped with electric oven and hob, fridge, microwave and washer/dryer.
- First floor: Luxuriously appointed fully tiled bathroom with double walk in shower, bath, hand basin and WC.
- Double bedroom with king size bed and window seat overlooking the river where you can relax and watch the world go by.
- Single bedroom overlooking the bridge house.
- Second floor: Twin bedroom ideal for children with LCD TV and computer.
- All, electric and bed linen included.
- Private parking for 1 car.
- Small gravelled patio area with picnic table (please note this is not enclosed and the property next door has access through this garden).
- Sorry no cot or high chair provided, however you are welcome to bring your own.
PLEASE NOTE There is a charge of £10 and £5 respectively to hire a cot and highchair per week. Cancellation Protection is available, please ensure this meets your requirements prior to adding to your booking. Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation. To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.