In a Nutshell
- Two bathrooms
- Private Garden
- Private parking
- Pub within walking distance
- Washing machine
Ever changing mountain views fill the windows of this spacious barn conversion. It's rural setting gives peace and space for everyone to relax inside, or play in the gardens and fields around. Well equipped and with good access to Ullswater, Keswick and the M6 it is ideal for large family gatherings.
Beckwood keeps the spacious charm of it's original lakeland barn but provides every modern convenience in an ideal location within the Lake District National Park for your holiday. The large kitchen and dining area have spectacular views of the fells, and everything you need to cater for your family or group. The cosy lounge with its wood burning stove has views of Blencathra, comfy sofas and large TV. Four bedrooms accommodate up to 8 people in comfort. Underfloor heating throughout keeps everything warm, and a massive hot water tank allows everyone to indulge in showers and baths.
Beckwood's garden has benches and a table, as well as plenty of lawn to play games.
Greenbank Farm has chickens, ponies and sheep and lots of room for children and dogs within a 14 acre site. A well fenced area at the front of the house has a stream and it's own bench so you can watch the dogs play in comfort and safety. A large fenced field is ideal for frisbee and fetch.
With easy access both to the M6 and the A66, Penrith is 10 minutes, Keswick 15 minutes or a 30 minute scenic route alongside the lake and over Kirkstone Pass will bring you to Ambleside. All making this an ideal location to enjoy the peace and tranquillity of the surrounding countryside or to explore the northern lakes.
Greenbank Farm is ideal for family groups as it can accommodate up to 10 people (no single sex parties) in 2 spacious, well appointed, self contained cottages - each imaginatively and individually designed to create maximum comfort and enjoyment. With under floor heating throughout and slate and polished oak floors and satellite based Wi-Fi the cottage comprises:
- Lounge with vaulted beamed ceiling with recessed spotlights, wood burning stove, with plasma TV, Blu-ray DVD and CD player and view over the garden to Blencathra.
- Kitchen with Rangemaster double cooker, Belfast pot sink, dishwasher, fridge/freezer, fridge, microwave, opening out onto conservatory style dining area with patio doors and full height windows giving access to the garden with superb views to the fells.
- Utility with washer/dryer.
- Double bedroom convenient for anyone who prefers less steps.
- Cloakroom with WC.
- Porch for muddy boots.
- First floor: Spacious master double bedroom suite with super king size bed, sofa and TV, glazed door giving access to a balcony providing superb views over the adjoining fields to Blencathra and ideal for reading or just gazing at the hills.
- Dressing room leading to the en-suite shower room with shower cubicle, double hand basin, WC and heated towel rail.
- Twin bedroom with view to Great Mell Fell.
- Twin bedroom with view to The Dodds.
- Bathroom luxuriously appointed with roll top bath, shower cubicle, hand basin and WC.
- All electric and bed linen provided
- Private parking for 3 cars
- Cot and highchair available
- Sorry no single sex parties of 4 or more will be accepted.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
WOW, WOW, WOW!!!!!!! Thank you so much for supplying such a beautiful place to stay. 8 of us came to stay for a long weekend for my fathers "big" birthday, we arrived early evening were taken aback as soon as we walked in the door, let alone when we saw the view in the morning. Such a warm, welcoming house with plenty of room for us all to spend our time, the pictures on the website are great but by no means do it its full justice. The kitchen and bathroom are amazing. All fixtures and fittings supplied to such a high standard. Really cannot rate this house and experience highly enough, would well recommend to anyone
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.