In a Nutshell
- Two bathrooms
- Private Garden
- Private parking
- Washing machine
- Lake view
Beech How Cottage sits in a prime location over looking Lake Windermere. The gardens lead down to your own private lake frontage on the shores of the lake. From most rooms stunning views of Lake Windermere can be enjoyed. The cottage is an ideal base from which to enjoy the delights of Windermere and surrounding area on foot or for those who simply want to relax by the lake.
Located 2 miles from Bowness, you are ideally located to enjoy the wide range of shops, restaurants and beautiful scenery that the Lake District has to offer. Lake Windermere Cruises depart from Bowness Bay and hire boats are readily available. Ambleside, Coniston and Grasmere are all located within driving distance which will open up further opportunities to admire the scenery and enjoy many of the walks and cycle routes available.
Beech How Cottage is situated in an enviable position on the outskirts of Bowness on Windermere. With stunning views from most rooms overlooking Lake Windermere. Meander through the wooded grounds to find your own private access to the Lake. Here you can enjoy the awe inspiring scenery, watch boats sailing by or enjoy your very own private picnic.
The centrally heated accommodation comprises:
- Open plan dining kitchen with electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher.
- Dining area with views to Lake Windermere.
- Twin bedroom.
- Bathroom with shower over bath, hand basin and WC.
- Utility cupboard in the hallway, housing washing machine and tumble dryer.
- First floor: Lounge with Freeview TV, DVD player and views down to Lake Windermere.
- Double bedroom.
- Twin bedroom. All with views down to Lake Windermere.
- Bathroom with hand basin and WC.
- All, oil, electric, bed linen and towels included.
- Wi-Fi, cot and highchair available.
- Private driveway with parking for 3 cars.
- Terrace overlooking the lake to front of property
- Woodland to the side (carpeted with bluebells in season) with a pathway leading down to the lake shore.
- The gardens lead down to your own, private lake frontage on the shores of Lake Windermere.
PLEASE NOTE There is a charge of £10 and £5 respectively to hire a cot and highchair per week. 4 dogs are welcome at a cost of £20 per dog per week. Cancellation Protection is available, please ensure this meets your requirements prior to adding to your booking. Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation. To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
We chose this house as a halfway point between where we live - Essex and Dundee. Unlike some we have stayed in before this house lived up to everything described on the website. It worked beautifully for us... and we were blessed with a warm sunny week.
The Wood & Brashey Family
3rd visit to Beech How, our children are now teenagers but still love returning here. Love the improvements to the cottage and we did make use of the fire pit at the lake side - a lovely addition!
The Wilkie Family
Quick e mail to say thanks for the weekend stay at Beech How cottage- super location and very comfortable John and Julie Tonkin
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.