In a Nutshell
- One bathroom
- Private Garden
- Private parking
- Wood burning stove
This is a romantic and charming 17th century cottage, situated in the heart of Pooley Bridge. The cottage is sure to appeal to couples looking for a cosy, luxury Lake District cottage to relax, unwind and take in the stunning scenery of the northern Lakes.
Located on the north eastern edge of Ullswater, Pooley Bridge is a popular holiday destination with a wealth of amenities from local shops, pubs, restaurants within walking distance; local water sport centres, pony trekking and cruises on the lake to name but a few. Ullswater has many walks for all abilities; either low walks, High Street or the more challenging Helvellyn towering over the lake with stunning views guaranteed.
Blacksmiths Cottage is located within the village, with open rural outlook to the rear and is within a 5 minute drive of the renowned Dalemain Mansion and Historic Gardens, which has won Garden of the Year 2013 and a 10 minute drive to the county town of Penrith. The cottage has recently been refurbished to a high standard and is now luxuriously appointed with designer fabrics and using antique and country style furniture whilst retaining many original features. Excellent public transport links by bus or ferry within walking distance.
The cottage has electric wall heating and comprises:
- >Dining/lounge with beamed ceiling, cosy wood burning stove set in a sandstone fireplace, comfortable easy chairs, TV and DVD.
- Kitchen with electric oven and hob, fridge, microwave and dishwasher.
- First floor: Spacious double bedroom with King size traditional bed with co-ordinated linens, easy seating with open views to the fells beyond.
- Luxuriously appointed bathroom with under floor heating, double shower cubicle, hand basin and WC.
- All electric, bed linen and towels provided.
- Initial supply of logs provided
- Wi-Fi available.
- Off road parking 50 yards away and a lockable shed to store bicycles.
- Relaxing cottage garden with open aspect over the adjoining fields to the nearby fells.
PLEASE NOTE Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation. To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.