BOATHOUSE ULLSWATER FAR, Watermillock, Lake UllswaterTel: 017687 74060 / 01539 448 081
With one of the most sought after locations in England, Ullswater Far Boathouse has stunning views over Lake Ullswater from the lounge, balcony, private lake frontage or the decked terrace overlooking the lake. The boathouse is the perfect hideaway, romantic or honeymoon retreat at any time of year with a real sense of escapism as it is tucked away via half a mile lane from the rest of the world.
Imagine waking up to your own private spectacular view over the most romantic lake in England. The Ullswater Far Boathouse is a perfect year round combination of privacy and luxury for a honeymoon hideaway or idyllic retreat for two.
The Ullswater Far Boathouse offers you a stunning water’s edge view of Ullswater lake with a floor to roof glass wall overlooking the lake. Whether you are curled up with a book on a luxurious sofa looking out at white sailboats from the nearby sailing school, or relaxing outside on the balcony at dusk, watching the gold and orange sunset colours reflect off the fells onto the perfectly still water, you will understand why so many visitors think that Ullswater is arguably the most romantic lake in England for “getting away from it all” and “recharging your batteries.”
The Ullswater Far Boathouse enjoys an idyllic secluded location accessed down a tree lined lane to private grounds well hidden behind gates. But Ullswater Far Boathouse has a luxury secret! It is actually located at the far end of the extensive grounds of Leeming Country House Hotel, a luxurious Macdonald Hotel property and restaurant that has been remodeled to a high luxury standard and a wonderful place for weddings and events. This means that just a short stroll away from the boathouse, the restaurant and facilities of the hotel are available to use. If you are exploring by car, just a 10 minute drive around Ullswater, you’ll discover the renowned Sharrow Bay Restaurant and Rampsbeck Country House both famous for their spectacular dining experiences with views over Ullswater.
The Ullswater Far Boathouse has recently been refurbished to a luxury standard for guests to visit any time of the year. It is particularly special as it is a larger boathouse providing ample room for two guests.
The boathouse has electric panel heaters and comprises:
- Entrance hallway.
- Double bedroom with sensual satin and fur throws, full wall of fitted wardrobes housing a personal safe and wall mounted plasma TV.
- Shower room with ‘double’ shower cubicle, vanity unit and WC.
- Open plan lounge/kitchen/dining area with contemporary style electric fire, wall mounted plasma TV, games table, i-Pod dock, desk and full length picture windows giving access to the balcony and stunning views over the lake.
- Dining area
- Kitchen with electric oven and hob, fridge, dishwasher, wine cooler, microwave and tea and coffee facilities.
- All electric, bed linen, towels, dressing gowns and a hair dryer included.
- Sorry there is no cot available as this property is not suitable for children.
- Private parking.
- Garden with generous decked area with seating overlooking the lake, private jetty and lake frontage with seating.
Please note towels and bathrobes are provided with this property.
Loading availability calendar...
Thank you for our very enjoyable stay at the Boathouse. The weather has been atrocious - but the Boathouse is warm, cosy and beautifully designed. Thank you also for our champagne and chocolates - very kind and thoughtful of you. We would love to return soon- preferably when the weather is better!
Find Keswick Vacation Rentals on FlipKey
Tel: 017687 74060 / 01539 448 081