In a Nutshell
- One bathroom
- Shared Garden
- Private parking
- Leisure club facilities
- Pub within walking distance
- Washing machine
This former Bobbin Mill is now a converted Lakeland cottage on the banks of the river tucked away down a quiet country lane, yet only 5 miles from Windermere with a wealth of amenities. With complimentary leisure club the cottage is sure to appeal to both couples or a family alike.
Starnthwaite Ghyll is a riverside hamlet converted from the former Bobbin Mill and is now a traditional Lakeland built group of cottages and apartments on the banks of the River Gilpin with extensive lawned gardens. There is walking from the door following the path of the river from where you can appreciate the abundance of local bird and wildlife. This is a great area for cycling through the Lyth Valley, known for its damsons, and through the country lanes.
The Bobbin Mill is in a rural location, tucked away down a quiet country lane, but less than a mile from the picturesque village of Crosthwaite with renowned Punch Bowl Restaurant which was voted Michelin British pub of the year and church. Windermere with a wealth of attractions and amenities is 5 miles away. The cottage is well equipped to suit two couples or a family group looking for accommodation in a peaceful haven but with facilities close by.
The accommodation is centrally heated and comprises:
- Open plan lounge/dining/kitchen with pay phone, widescreen TV including freeview channels, DVD player, video and music centre.
- Kitchen with electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher and washer/dryer.
- First floor: Master double bedroom overlooking the river.
- Twin bedroom.
- Bathroom with shower over bath, hand basin and WC.
- All electric and bed linen included.
- Towels can be hired at £5 per person
- Wi-fi available.
- Cot and highchair available.
- Private parking.
- Shared use of the large landscaped gardens.
- Complimentary leisure club membership available at Damson Dene (1 mile) with pool, gym, steam room and sauna.
PLEASE NOTE There is a charge of £10 and £5 respectively to hire a cot and highchair per week. 2 dogs are welcome at a cost of £20 per dog per week. Cancellation Protection is available, please ensure this meets your requirements prior to adding to your booking. Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation. To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.