In a Nutshell
- Two bathrooms
- Private Garden
- Private parking
- Open fire
Borenich is a spacious well equipped farmhouse with stunning views and close to Loch Tummel with walking from the door. The cottage is ideally based to explore the area with Edinburgh, Dundee, Perth, Loch Ness and St Andrews Golf Course all within 1.30 hours drive.
Perthshire has some of the most spectacular scenery in Scotland, and Highland Perthshire is well worth taking time to explore. The area is an ideal base for those who enjoy walking and sightseeing, being a popular tourist destination now for many years: Queen Victoria was one of the earliest visitors to the area. The Scottish capital, Edinburgh, is 75 miles south, where you can shop in the many boutique shops, dine in elegant restaurants or experience the nightlife in the trendy wine bars or at the theatre before returning back to the tranquil surroundings of Srathtummel. Within 1.30 hours of the house there are some interesting places to visit including Loch Ness, St Andrews and Gleneagles Golf Courses, Braemar and Royal Deeside being well-worth the journey and from Pitlochry station you can reach Dundee via Perth also within 1.30 hours.
Closer to home are the Queen’s View [5 mins], House of Bruar [20 mins], Aviemore [1.5 hours] and may local, excellent, local, characterful golf courses and distilleries [Edradour micro distillery and Blair Atholl Distillery at Pitlochry for Bells within 25 minutes], Dunkeld for Ospreys at Loch of the Lowes plus great smoked salmon, antiques and fine shops in this small gem of a town [30 mins]
Set well back from the Road to the Isles, Borenich is a 19th century, stone- built farmhouse situated above Loch Tummel. Sitting in the safe, sunny garden feels as though you are in the heart of rural Scotland, which you are, yet the busy tourist town of Pitlochry is only 7 miles away. Views south to the far side of the loch and west to Schiehallion are stunning. An easy 10 minute walk across a stile and fields will bring you to the loch side, from which you can fish, paddle or simply admire the stunning scenery. 15 miles to the west of the house is the village of Kinloch Rannoch then Rannoch station, where you can catch a train north to Fort William [and then the far North West] or south to Glasgow. You cannot head any further west by car or bike as Rannoch Moor, that last bastion of wildness, wildlife and peace, lies before you. So whether you are golfers, fisher folk, walkers, whisky tasters, bird watchers or people watchers, there will be a spot for you nearby to complete your holiday.
The spacious farmhouse of Borenich is perfect for families but is not so big that couples feel at sea. It is a welcoming, generously equipped house to ensure easy self-catering. The dining-kitchen, with oil-fired Aga and table to seat at least 6, tends to be the gathering place, but there is also a large lounge with open fire and a smaller Snug to add flexibility, both of which have TVs and DVDs.
Borenich has oil central heating and comprises:
- Lounge with open fire, TV and DVD player, good stereo, games; Snug with Sky TV, DVD player and selection of books;
- Dining/kitchen with AGA, electric hob and oven and dishwasher;
- Larder kitchen with masses of storage, Belfast sink, microwave and fridge/freezer;
- Utility room with washing machine, tumble drier and pulley dryer;
- Cloakroom with hand basin and WC.
- First floor: Master double bedroom with super king-sized bed and adjoining hand basin and WC.
- Double bedroom with super king-size bed which can convert into twin beds (please advise at the time of booking if twin beds required).
- Small twin bedroom, best suited to children but with full sized beds, so adults can use it.
- Bathroom with shower over bath, hand basin with shaver point and WC.
- Shower room with hand basin, shaver point and WC.
- All oil, electricity, bed linen, towels, superior cotton bedding with feather duvets and pillows [Hypo-allergaic available on request] included in rent.
- Initial store of logs and coal available.
- Cot and highchair available.
- Ample private parking.
- Garden with garden furniture.
- BBQ and bike storage in lock-up shed.
PLEASE NOTE that although doorways are wide, there are different levels on the ground floor of the house, which may make it unsuitable for the elderly with walking aids.
PLEASE NOTE There is a charge of £10 and £5 respectively to hire a cot and highchair per week. 2 dogs are welcome at a cost of £20 per dog per week. Cancellation Protection is available, please ensure this meets your requirements prior to adding to your booking. Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation. To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.