In a Nutshell
- Two bathrooms
- Private Garden
- Private parking
- Washing machine
- Budget cottage
Bowscale View is a charming Cumbrian cottage which retains many characterful features including beamed ceilings and feature stone walls. A delightful lakeland retreat in a stunning picturesque and relaxing location within easy access of Keswick.
The hamlet of Mosedale is located 3.5 miles north of the A66, Penrith to Keswick road and within 20 minutes drive of the M6 making this an ideal base from which to tour the whole of Cumbria. Located at the foot of Carrock Fell, walks can be taken from the door over the ‘Back o Skidda’ or if this sounds too energetic the beautiful Eden Valley is a short drive away with flat rolling countryside, perfect for enjoying a bike ride. Easy access to the motorway means days out can be enjoyed on the Solway Coast, Hadrian’s Wall, Eden Valley, Yorkshire Dales, the Pennines and Lancashire.
The traditional stone built farmhouse dates back to 1860 overlooking the River Caldew. Set around the courtyard the outbuildings have been converted to provide accommodation for those looking for a holiday in an area of peace and tranquillity, yet within easy reach of local attractions in Keswick and Penrith. Nestled under Carrock fell, the cottages enjoy views across the river and Mosedale Valley and are surrounded by 4 acres of paddocks and gardens with summerhouse, picnic table and BBQ. Guests, on request, can hire the Courtyard Bedroom which is a ground floor twin bedroom with en-suite shower room with hand basin and WC. This bedroom is equipped with wide door for wheel chair access and has grab rails in the bathroom and is ideal for families requiring additional room or require a ground floor bedroom. (Please check availability of this room prior to making a booking).
Converted from the original farm outbuilding Bowscale View is accessed from the courtyard, is heated by night storage heaters and comprises:
- Split level lounge with flagged floor, feature stone walls, Sky digital TV, DVD player, French doors and beautiful views across the patio towards Bowscale Fells.
- Sitting/reading area.
- Dining/kitchen with electric oven, ceramic hob, fridge, dishwasher and microwave.
- First floor: Double bedroom with feature stone wall and en-suite bathroom with shower over bath, hand basin and WC.
- Double bedroom with feature stone wall and en-suite shower room, hand basin and WC.
- All electric, bed linen and towels provided.
- Ample private parking.
- Shared use of the courtyard laundry room with washing machine and tumble dryer and gardens with summerhouse, picnic table and BBQ.Private terrace/patio with seating and views to Bowscale fell.
PLEASE NOTE There is no mobile signal in the cottage, guests therefore have use of a shared payphone. Cancellation Protection is available, please ensure this meets your requirements prior to adding to your booking. Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation. To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.