In a Nutshell
- Six bathrooms
- Private Garden
- Private parking
- Leisure club facilities
- Washing machine
- Wood burning stove
This luxury 5* gold cottage will appeal to the discerning client looking for a peaceful away from it all break at any time of year. Sleeping 10 the Barn has shared use of the spa building with sauna and steam room and games room with pool table and games consoles for the younger members to enjoy.
Located north of Kendal and just off the M6 motorway north of Tebay, Greenholme is a small hamlet that fall into the newly extended boundaries of the Lake District National Park and within easy reach of the Yorkshire Dales. Within an area of outstanding natural beauty and surrounded by open countryside with walks from the door makes this the perfect base from which to enjoy an away from it all holiday. Kendal is 10 miles south with a wealth of shops, bars and restaurants and the market town of Penrith is 15 miles north making Ullswater and the Eden Valley both easily accessible.
Originally a farmhouse and barn the Lakeland stone built cottages provide sumptuous 4* and 5* Gold accommodation for families or groups of friends holidaying together who are looking for that touch of luxury. With shared use of the spa building with sauna and steam rooms and the games room located next to the spa building with a pool table, Wii and Xbox 360 along with a table tennis table available in the garage mean even the younger members of the party will enjoy the facilities available. The cottages are furnished to the highest standard with an eclectic mix of contemporary and traditional furnishings and can sleep a total of 18 guests, ideal for those special celebrations.
The former barn has its lounge on the first floor to take advantage of the stunning views down the valley, has oil fired central heating throughout and comprises:
- The ground floor has stone floors throughout with under floor heating.
- Double bedroom with king size bed with en-suite shower room with hand basin and WC.
- Double bedroom with en-suite shower room with hand basin and WC.
- Twin bedroom with en-suite shower room with hand basin and WC.
- Feature bathroom with soft lighting, stone resin bath, hand basin and WC.
- Steps lead to utility room with washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Cloakroom with hand basin and WC.
- First floor: Open plan living area with oak floor. The seating area enjoys views through the French doors with Juliette balcony, 46” LED flat screen TV with SKY HD, DVD player and iPod/phone docking station.
- Kitchen area with 2 electric ovens, fridge/freezer, built in wine chiller, dishwasher and microwave.
- The dining area under a galleried space has a vintage Italian chandelier and a hanging fire for chilly evenings.
- Second floor: Reading area overlooking the dining area.
- Double bedroom with king size bed with en-suite bathroom with shower cubicle, hand basin and WC.
- Twin bedroom with en-suite bathrooms with shower cubicle, hand basin and WC.
- All oil, electric, bed linen, towels including spa towels and initial supply of logs and coal provided.
- Cot and highchair available.
- Ample private parking.
- Welcome hamper of local organic eggs, milk, artisan baked bread, jam, ground coffee and tea.
- Shared use of the spa building, games room, garage and each property has their own separate garden/patio with garden furniture, barbeque and views of the surrounding valley and fells.
PLEASE NOTE There is a charge of £10 and £5 respectively to hire a cot and highchair per week. Cancellation Protection is available, please ensure this meets your requirements prior to adding to your booking. Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation. To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.