In a Nutshell
- Two bathrooms
- Private Garden
- Private parking
- Leisure club facilities
- Washing machine
- Wood burning stove
- Leisure club facilities
Bretherdale Hall is surrounded by open countryside in an area of peace and tranquility. The cottage has shared use of the spa building and games room where guests can relax and unwind. The cottage can be rented with the adjoining Barn to sleep a total of 18 people.
Located north of Kendal and just off the M6 motorway north of Tebay, Greenholme is a small hamlet that falls into the newly extended boundaries of the Lake District National Park and within easy reach of the Yorkshire Dales. Within an area of outstanding natural beauty and surrounded by open countryside with walks from the door makes this the perfect base from which to enjoy an away from it all holiday. Kendal is 10 miles south with a wealth of shops, bars and restaurants and the market town of Penrith is 15 miles north making Ullswater and the Eden Valley both easily accessible.
Originally a farmhouse and barn the Lakeland stone built cottages provide sumptuous 4* and 5* Gold accommodation for families or groups of friends holidaying together who are looking for that touch of luxury. With shared use of the spa building with sauna and steam rooms and the games room located next to the spa building with a pool table, Wii and Xbox 360 along with a table tennis table available in the garage mean even the younger members of the party will enjoy the facilities available. The cottages are furnished to the highest standard with an eclectic mix of contemporary and traditional furnishings and can sleep a total of 18 guests, ideal for those special celebrations.
The original farmhouse has oil central heating which is under floor on the ground floor and comprises:
- Spacious lounge with views of Howgate fell, comfy sofas, wood/coal burning stove, TV with Sky, DVD player and CD/hi-fi.
- Breakfast kitchen with Rayburn cooker, electric oven and hob, fridge/freezer, dishwasher and microwave.
- Dining/garden room with views of the valley towards Bretherdale head with dining table and patio doors to the private garden/eating area.
- Utility room with washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Cloakroom with hand basin and WC.
- First floor: Master double bedroom with king size bed and views to Grange Scar and the Pennines, stairs lead to a dressing area and en-suite bathroom with shower over bath, hand basin and WC.
- Two further double bedrooms each with king size beds.
- Double bedroom with views of the valley to Bretherdale Head.
- Family bathroom with shower over bath, hand basin and WC.
- All oil, electric, bed linen, towels including spa towels and initial supply of logs and coal provided.
- Cot and highchair available.
- Ample private parking.
- Welcome hamper of local organic eggs, milk, artisan baked bread, jam, ground coffee and tea.
- Shared use of the spa building, games room, garage and each property has their own separate garden/patio with garden furniture, barbeque and views of the surrounding valley and fells.
PLEASE NOTE There is a charge of £10 and £5 respectively to hire a cot and highchair per week. Cancellation Protection is available, please ensure this meets your requirements prior to adding to your booking. Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation. To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.