In a Nutshell
- One bathroom
- Private Garden
- Private parking
- Pub within walking distance
- Washing machine
- Wood burning stove
Calf Close Cottage provides the perfect, peaceful retreat for a couple seeking a relaxing stay. Whether you want to spend your days in front of the wood burning stove with a book or enjoy the beautiful scenery and great outdoors over the Cumbrian fells, Calf Close Cottage provides warm and cosy accommodation to return to.
The village of Farlam is located in the peaceful Cumbrian countryside, with a 30 minute drive to the Lake District, Hadrian’s Wall and the Scottish Borders making it a great base from which to explore. There are also walks and cycle routes from the door of the cottage over the fells and through woodland areas or around nearby Talkin Tarn with watersports available. There are a number of country pubs offering good locally sourced foods and real ale close by in the village of Talkin, 1 mile away, Brampton 3 miles and Carlisle 12 miles.
The single story semi-detached, dog friendly cottage is a former milking barn converted, decorated and furnished with a successful blend of traditional and contemporary style to create a romantic cottage. The accommodation is all on one level and access into the cottage is via a ramp making it suitable for people requiring wheel chair access. The cottage sits in 6 acres of small holdings and to the left of the cottage is a mown pasture housing the chicken shed and enclosure and you are welcome to explore the orchard and woodlands.
The Cumbrian cottage for two is centrally heated and comprises:
- Open plan living area with oak flooring throughout, lounge with wood burning stove, comfortable two and three seater leather sofas, flat screen TV and DVD player, stereo system and Bluetooth speaker.
- Fully equipped kitchen area with electric oven and hob, microwave, dishwasher, washer/dryer and high stools to the counter and dining area with table and chairs for four.
- Reading corner with armchair a great area to relax in.
- The fridge/freezer is located in the spacious hallway.
- Double bedroom with super king size bed which can be converted into twin beds upon request and en-suite bathroom with bath, shower cubicle, WC and hand basin.
- All electric, bed linen, towels and initial supply of logs (option to purchase more) provided.
- Cot available.
- Wi-Fi available.
- Private parking for 1 car.
- Outside space with picnic table and small BBQ.
- Welcome pack on arrival with homemade jams and fresh eggs.
PLEASE NOTE 1 dog is welcome at a cost of £20 per dog per week. Cancellation Protection is available, please ensure this meets your requirements prior to adding to your booking. Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation. To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.