In a Nutshell
- Three bathrooms
- Private Garden
- Private parking
- Pub within walking distance
- Washing machine
- Wood burning stove
Calgarth Cottage is ideal for 2 couples or a family looking for a central base from which to explore the south Lakes, located at Troutbeck Bridge midway between Ambleside and Windermere the cottage has 2 double bedrooms (1 with en-suite) and a twin bedroom in an area of peace and tranquillity.
Situated midway between Ambleside and Windermere, Troutbeck Bridge is perfectly based to explore central Lakes. The village has a well stocked shop, a pub serving evening meals and a petrol station with Spar shop. Windermere has a wealth of pubs, shops, restaurants and attractions and Lake Windermere and Bowness are 2 miles away with plenty to entertain the whole family from lake cruises to crazy golf and much more. Being on the main thoroughfare through the Lake District, Ambleside, Grasmere, Langdale and Keswick are all easily accessible and there are numerous walks that can be enjoyed either from the door or just a short drive away.
Calgarth Cottage is situated in a cluster of similar style cottages down a 400 yard lane with a woodland aspect to the rear and horses grazing in the field to the front. The cottage has been newly refurbished in contemporary style that is extensively equipped and furnished to cater for your every need and is equally suitable to a family group or two couples who will appreciate not only the standard of accommodation but also the peaceful, tranquil location.
Calgarth Cottage has underfloor heating on the ground floor and gas central heating to the first floor and comprises:
- Cosy sitting room with leather L-shaped sofa, sofa bed, plasma TV and Xbox.
- Main sitting room with large plasma TV, DVD player and wood burning stove.
- Leading to superb, spacious breakfast kitchen with wall mounted plasma TV, electric double oven and gas hob, American style fridge/freezer, microwave, dishwasher and dining table.
- Utility room with washing machine and tumble dryer, leading to:-
- Shower room with hand basin and WC.
- First floor: Master double bedroom with, rural aspect and en-suite shower room with hand basin and WC.
- Double bedroom with king size bed and TV.
- Twin bedroom with TV.
- Bathroom with shower over bath, hand basin and WC.
- All gas, electric, bed linen, towels and initial supply of logs included.
- Cot and highchair available.
- Wi-Fi available.
- Gravelled front garden providing parking for 2 cars and rear garden with patio terrace and illuminated steps to the garden with woodland aspect, garden furniture and BBQ.
PLEASE NOTE There is a charge of £10 and £5 respectively to hire a cot and highchair per week. 2 dogs are welcome at a cost of £20 per dog per week.
Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation. To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.
Lovely place, great location, had a really nice time Paul 28th dec - 7 Jan 2016
The Shaw Family
Great house, brilliant location, wonderful log fire, enjoyed our stay so much we hope to return, thank you Rebecca, Darren, Lottie & Jack 7-14 dec
The Hamer Family
Lovely cottage, such a beautiful place. Adored the log fire. Would love to stay again! Thank you very much. Lisa and Ross 26-30 nov
The Balment Family
Beautiful home, lovely relaxing break away. Thank you James, Rachel and jack 12-16 nov
The Durham Family
Wonderful place to stay! Home to home indeed. 26 October - 1st nov
The Kelly Family
Beautiful location, lovely home! We enjoyed every minute, visited Grasmere bought gingerbread. Stopped off at Ambleside and spent hours in Hayes Garden Centre - fabulous place!! Had a lovely meal at Pedros also outstanding food at Francines in Windermerr. A pleasant stay! Rachel & Nick 23-25 October 2015
The Cooper Family