In a Nutshell
- Two bathrooms
- Balcony or Terrace
- Private parking
- Pub within walking distance
- Washing machine
- Budget cottages
This converted mill has an abundance of exposed beams and views over the fields to the River Eden. Ideally located on the outskirts of Carlisle to enjoy the facilities of the city yet due to its location has a country 'get away from it all' feel.
Carleton Mill was formerly a working mill dating back to 1721 and is located on the outskirts of Carlisle. The cottage has an abundance of exposed beams and magnificent open views across the fields to the river. The historical city of Carlisle has a wealth of activities to keep the family entertained during their stay including the castle, cathedral, Tullie House Museum, the Lanes Shopping Centre, and much more. Carleton Mill is only 1 minute from the motorway, making the Northern Lake District easily accessible and the winding lanes of the Eden Valley are also close by making this an ideal base to explore the whole of the area, and for the days when the weather is not at its best, exploring the historical city is a must.
The cottage is equipped to a high standard to cater for all your holiday requirements. Carleton Mill Cottage is gas centrally heated and comprises.
- Ground floor: Utility entrance hallway with washer/dryer
- First floor: Open plan lounge/kitchen/dining room with electric stove, vaulted ceilings with original cruick beams, TV, DVD player and dining furniture.
- The kitchen is equipped with electric oven and a gas hob, fridge, freezer, dishwasher and microwave.
- Double bedroom.
- Twin bedroom.
- Bathroom with shower over bath, hand basin and WC.
- There is a ground floor double bedroom with en-suite bathroom with shower over bath, hand basin and WC, this room can be blocked off from the rest of the cottage, there is a supplement of £75 per week for the use of this room.
- All gas, electric, bed linen included
- W-Fi included.
- Cot available and highchair available.
- Private parking for 2 cars.
- Garden area with furniture, ideal for lazy evenings.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
On arrival to this beautiful cottage i was amazed at the exterior look of the cottage, but then to let my kids go in first and hear them say wow this is lovely dad i then went in with the bags and was totally stunned at the high quality of the finish. It was ideal for our stay literally two mins of the motorway and only ten mins in to carlise town centre. We stayed for 4 nights and on our last day the kids was begging to stay long !!! If only we could stayed one more night and gone to the owners halloween party gutted :( Cant wait to revisit the cottage again, and would highly recommend a stay there!! Thanks Michelle and Adrain Hopefully see you soon :)
The cottage is wonderful. On entering the room it certainly gave us the "Wow" factor. Its modern and yet still retains its original character. Conveniently located just off the M6,its only 25 mins from Ullswater and only 4 miles from Carlisle. Everything is provided...tv...cutlery,tea coffee etc. We had a problem parking in wrong area and had to be towed out by the farmer next door...Adrian the owner of the cottage, helped despite the pouring rain. In a nutshell...fantastic property, great value, friendly owners and excellent location.
Thank you so much for the warm welcome, the Christmas tree was a delightful and unexpected touch. Great cottage and on regular bus route to city centre, great for enjoying the peace and quiet but loved the fact we had lots to do only minutes away. PS thanks for the wine under the tree!
The Edward Family
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.