In a Nutshell
- One bathroom
- Private Garden
- Private parking
- Hot tub
- Washing machine
- Budget cottage
This ground floor cottage with private HOT TUB is perfect for a romantic break, it has been converted from the old mill and has views over the beck with its abundance of wildlife including ducks and geese. The cottage is ideally based to explore the northern Lake District and Scottish Borders.
Carwinley Cottages are located in the hamlet of Netherby, 4 miles north of Longtown, in the Scottish Borders an area steeped in history. Within 10 miles is the world famous Gretna Green, Hadrian’s Wall and Carlisle with a wealth of shops, pubs and restaurants. There are walking and cycling opportunities from the door with country lanes and open undulating countryside alongside the Netherby Estate and Forestry.
The cottages are located on the banks of Carwinley Beck in the courtyard of the owners Grade II listed mill house, in three and a half acres of grounds including mill pond, enclosed scented garden, fish pond and stream with ducks, geese and numerous decked and sittings areas for relaxing. The cottages have steps down to the beck with an abundance of bird life, that is illuminated in the evening. Lavishly furnished to cater for your every need, they provide an ideal base from which to enjoy a romantic getaway at any time of year.
Carwinley Mill House Cottage is all on one level, is centrally heated and comprises:
- Open plan living area with beamed, vaulted ceiling and TV.
- Kitchen with centre island, electric oven and hob, fridge, washing machine, microwave, freezer and dining area.
- Sandstone archway leads to the lounge with sandstone fireplace housing electric fire and patio doors leading to the decking and providing a view of the beck with a wealth of bird life including resident heron.
- Double bedroom with patio doors to the decking with woodland aspect overlooking the beck.
- Bathroom with shower over bath, hand basin and WC.
- All oil, electric, bed linen, towels, dressing gowns and slippers included.
- Private parking by the entrance to the property.
- A welcome pack of bread, milk and wine on arrival.
- Decking with table and seating and a further screened decking area with loungers and HOT TUB accessed from the bedroom.
- The nearest pub and shop is 4 miles.
Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation.
To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.
We have just returned from simply the best week at Carwinley Mill Cottage. From the moment we arrived, the welcome could not have been warmer from Danielle, Trevor and the dogs! We arrived to a bottle of bubbly, fresh milk and home made chocolate brownies..mmm! The cottage is beautiful, superbly equipped and the hot tub just tops it! We must give a very special thank you to Danielle and Trevor for being the most wonderful hosts. Not only did they act as witnesses at our wedding in Gretna, but they took us there in their Range Rover, ribboned up just for us and also provided champagne on the way and then decorated the cottage with balloons and banners for our return after the wedding. They really did go the extra mile, and we will be returning for our anniversary if not before!! Thank you for a wonderful week.
Mr and Mrs Jennings
Thanks for a lovely stay in Carwinley Mill Cottage. We had a brilliant time and the accommodation was first class.Tessa
Ms Tessa Charley