CARWINLEY MILL HOUSE COTTAGE, (Hot Tub) Longtown, Cumbria/Scottish BordersTel: 017687 74060 / 01539 448 081
This ground floor cottage has been converted from the old mill with views over the beck with its abundance of wild life including ducks and geese with a private HOT TUB and is an ideal base from which to enjoy a romantic break.
Carwinley Cottages are located in the hamlet of Netherby, 4 miles north of Longtown, in the Scottish Borders an area steeped in history. Within 10 miles is the world famous Gretna Green, Hadrian’s Wall and Carlisle with a wealth of shops, pubs and restaurants. There are walking and cycling opportunities from the door with country lanes and open undulating countryside alongside the Netherby Estate and Forestry.
The cottages are located on the banks of Carwinley Beck in the courtyard of the owners Grade II listed mill house, in three and a half acres of grounds including mill pond, enclosed scented garden, fish pond and stream with ducks, geese and numerous decked and sittings areas for relaxing. The cottages have steps down to the beck with an abundance of bird life, that is illuminated in the evening. Lavishly furnished to cater for your every need, they provide an ideal base from which to enjoy a romantic getaway at any time of year.
Carwinley Mill House Cottage is all on one level, is centrally heated and comprises:
- Open plan living area with beamed, vaulted ceiling.
- Kitchen with centre island, electric oven and hob, fridge, washing machine, microwave, freezer and dining area.
- Sandstone archway leads to the lounge with sandstone fireplace housing electric fire and patio doors leading to the decking and providing a view of the beck with a wealth of bird life including resident heron.
- Double bedroom with patio doors to the decking with woodland aspect overlooking the beck.
- Bathroom with shower over bath, hand basin and WC.
- All oil, electric, bed linen, towels, dressing gowns and slippers included.
- Private parking by the entrance to the property.
- A welcome pack of bread, milk and wine on arrival.
- Decking with table and seating and a further screened decking area with loungers and HOT TUB accessed from the bedroom.
- The nearest pub and shop is 4 miles.
Please note towels are provided with this property.
Loading availability calendar...
Thanks for a lovely stay in Carwinley Mill Cottage. We had a brilliant time and the accommodation was first class.
Ms Tessa Charley
Tel: 017687 74060 / 01539 448 081