In a Nutshell
- One bathroom
- Shared Garden
- Private parking
- Pub within walking distance
- Washing machine
- Budget cottages
Nestling in the Newlands Valley this beautifully furnished and romantic Cumbrian cottage, with a roll top bath in the bedroom, is the perfect retreat from which to explore the Lakes and take in the breathtaking scenery the area has to offer.
Clairgarth enjoys a delightful rural setting at the foot of Catbells with superb views over the Newlands Valley to Causey Pike. The cottage sits in a row of 5 on the outskirts of Stair in the Newlands Valley, close to Keswick, renowned for its association with Beatrix Potter. The winding country lanes offer walking and cycling opportunities and, for the more energetic, the nearby Fells of Catbells, High Crags and Swinside beckon. Water pursuits at nearby Derwentwater, with equipment available to hire in Portinscale, one mile north, make this an ideal location for those who enjoy an active lifestyle. The tranquil setting is only a short drive from the delights of Keswick.
This cosy cottage has been tastefully furnished and equipped to cater for your every need. Heated by night storage heating the accommodation comprises:
- Open plan ground floor with dining area leading to lounge with stone effect electric fire, TV, DVD player, glazed door to the garden and views to Catbells.
- Kitchen area with electric oven and hob, fridge, washer/dryer and microwave.
- First floor: Large double bedroom with roll top bath,
- Bathroom with shower, hand basin and WC.
- All electric and bed linen included.
- Private parking for 1 car.
- The Swinside Inn is ½ mile.
- Shared lawned garden area.
We have just returned from a fabulous holiday in the Lakes. Clairgarth is by far the best property we have stayed in to date, the cottage has been refurbished to a very high standard the roll top bath in the bedroom is just amazing. The views and scenery which are literally on the doorstep are breathtaking. Thank you very much Lakes Cottage Holidays.
Mr & Mrs Pugh
We have just returned home from a fantastic Holiday in the Newlands Valley. The Cottage was equipped to cater for our every need. It was delightful to see the red squirrels in the garden.
John & Elizabeth
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.