In a Nutshell
- Two bathrooms
- Private Garden
- On street parking
- Pub within walking distance
- Washing machine
- Open fire
Cloverdale is a traditional Lake District cottage which makes the perfect retreat for a family stay. Cosy lounge with open fire for those winter evenings and cottage style garden with views over countryside for a relaxing summer evening dining al-fresco or simply just enjoying a glass of wine. In good location to enjoy all areas of the Lakes. Walking distance from award winning Punch Bowl Inn with formal restaurant and traditional pub.
Located in the peaceful area of the Lyth Valley, in the Cumbrian village of Crosthwaite with traditional Lake District pubs and restaurants close at hand. Easy access for days out and activities within a short drive from areas such as Bowness on Windermere, and within easy reach of Ambleside and Grasmere. Crosthwaite has beautiful undisturbed landscapes and countryside to explore. Also lots to do and see from the door of the cottage; minutes’ walk from The Punch Bowl Inn which offers a contemporary formal restaurant and traditional pub. All meals prepared fresh with the best locally sourced ingredients.
Cloverdale is a traditional 17th century Lake District cottage full of charm and character. Suitable for a family stay within easy reach of most areas of the Lake District. Equally suitable for a romantic stay all times of the year with winter evenings in front of the roaring open fire and walks from the door in the summer sun. Lyth Valley is known for the damson harvest which is full of blossom in spring. The beamed ceiling, stone flagged floors and open fire create a cosy Cumbrian cottage set in a peaceful location with views over the stunning countryside of the Lyth Valley.
The Lyth Valley cottage is oil central heated and comprises:
- Traditional entrance porch.
- Open plan ground floor living area with traditional beamed ceiling and stone flagged floor;
- Lounge with open fire, a three and two seater leather sofas, flat screen TV with Sky and DVD player.
- Dining area with table, bench style seating and seating for four and window seat to the front,
- Kitchen with Belfast sink, electric double oven, halogen hob, microwave, dishwasher, fridge freezer.
- Utility area accessed from outside housing fridge freezer, washing machine and tumble dryer. This area can also be used to store bikes.
Staircase to first floor –
- Master bedroom with king size bed, views over the countryside to the front of the cottage and contemporary en-suite shower room with WC, and basin.
- Twin bedroom with window overlooking the countryside.
- Bathroom with shower over bath, WC and basin.
- Pretty cottage style garden with patio and terrace with garden furniture to sit back and relax with a glass of wine while taking in the beautiful scenery and views.
- Secure bike store.
- All oil, electric and bed linen provided.
- Wi-Fi available.
- Parking in lay-by opposite the cottage.
PLEASE NOTE There is a charge of £10 to hire a cot per week and £5 to hire a highchair per week. Cancellation Protection is available, please ensure this meets your requirements prior to adding to your booking. Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation. To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
We had a very relaxing break here over the new year period. We were very lucky with lovely winter sun and blue skie. The scenery is just lovely and we enjoyed the local area. Great location for Lakes and we had a lovely meal at The Punch Bowl in the village. Thank you for a fab visit.
Sophie & Chris
Beautiful, well apointed cottage, decorated for home from home Christmas. A lovely week split between the delights of the Lakes, the restaurants, pubs and cosy nights in front of the fire. Hope to return in 2017.
Adam & Paula
Lovely cottage in a beautiful setting, weather was perfect and location great for listing Windermere & Bowness. Ate at The Black Labrador in Underbarrow and Hare & Hounds in Bowland Bridge - highly recommend. Thank you very much
Sally & Graham
Beautiful cottage with incredible views! We felt very ' at home' - everything you could possibly need. We had gorgeous weather but still loved coming back to the fire! Thank you for a wonderful stay.
Will & Jess
What a fantastic week, blue sky and sunshine everyday. This is an amazing cottage which wants nothing. Only a few minutes walk from the Punch Bowl. Not the cheapest but the food is totally delicious. Walked all week, Helvellyn, Haystacks, Langdale, the Lake District was simply at its beautiful best!! Thank you for everything.
The Law Family
We had an amazing week in this cottage. The cottage is beautiful and located very conveniently near to Kendal but on a quiet road. We enjoyed it so much we do not want to leave! Hopefully we will return next year! Thank you for everything.
The Deak Family
We've had a lovely 3 nights here, great weather, visit to Aira Force, Eskdale & Lil Ratty railway. Then coming back to such a cosy & relaxing space was a real bonus. Thanks very much
The Booden Family
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.