In a Nutshell
- One bathroom
- Private Garden
- Private parking
- New cottage
- Pub within walking distance
- Washing machine
With stunning views over Coniston Water this traditional cottage is ideal for a family looking for a relaxing break or for the keen walker with Coniston Old Man right on your doorstep. With a wood burning stove and garden where you can relax and dine al fresco with one of the most scenic views we have ever seen, this cottage will appeal to holidaymakers at any time of year.
The bustling village of Coniston can be found at the northern end of Coniston Water, famous for its association with Sir Donald Campbell and Bluebird, and is overlooked by the Old Man of Coniston, the seventh highest mountain in England. The village is in a wonderful setting and is a popular destination for hill walking and rock climbing with fine walks nearby on the Furness Fells and Grizedale Forest. In 1997 Coniston was the first village to be given the title "Village of the Year" and has repeatedly been highly placed in the prestigious award. Coniston is very much a Lakeland village and has a range of shops, pubs and places to eat making it an ideal place to stay. Within easy reach are the Lake District villages of Hawkshead, Ambleside, and Grasmere.
Sitting in an elevated position above the village of Coniston, this traditional stone terraced cottage dating back to 1850 has, as the name suggests, stunning views over the lake towards Brantwood and Grizedale Forest. The spacious accommodation is sure to be a popular choice with our holidaymakers at any time of year. Exposed stone walls, flagged floors and a cosy wood burning stove set in an Inglenook fireplace give the living room a traditional feel and the garden with patio area and a ‘view to die for’ is perfect for watching the sun set over the lake or just relaxing on summer days whilst soaking up the view of Coniston Water.
The gas centrally heated cottage comprises:
- Lounge with exposed stone walls, flagged stone floor, an Inglenook fireplace houses a wood burning stove, Freeview TV, DV player and window seat to take in the view of Coniston Water.
- Kitchen with electric oven and hob, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher and microwave.
- First floor: Master double bedroom with king size bed and window seat to enjoy the stunning Coniston Water views.
- Twin bedroom.
- Bathroom with shower over bath, hand basin and WC.
- All gas, electric, bed linen and towels included.
- Cot and highchair available.
- Private parking for 2 cars.
- To the front of the cottage is a small terrace with seat and patio area with garden furniture and stunning views to Coniston Water.
PLEASE NOTE> There is a charge of £10 and £5 respectively to hire a cot and highchair per week. 1 dog is welcome at a cost of £20 per week. There is also a £50.00 refundable breakage deposit for this property. prior to adding to your booking. Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation. To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.