In a Nutshell
- One bathroom
- Secure Garden
- Private parking
- Washing machine
- Open fire
- Budget cottage
A charming farm cottage surrounded by idyllic Scottish Borders countryside comfortably furnished with an open fire for cosy nights in to mull over the days adventures and plan the next.
Situated six miles from the lovely Scottish Border market town of Kelso where the rivers Tweed and Teviot meet. It has a cobbled town square and streets and an array of stunning Georgian buildings as well as shops and restaurants to enjoy. Sir Walter Scott called Kelso “the most beautiful, if not the most romantic village in Scotland.” Kelso Racecourse is another popular attraction close by. There is a wealth of outdoor sports available nearby, including walking, shooting, golf as well as the opportunity to try your hand at salmon fishing down at the River Tweed. Not far from the cottage are Floors Castle and Kelso Abbey, both designed by the architect William Adam. Adam and his son also designed the prestigious Mellerstain House, which is home to the 13th Duke of Haddington.
Craggs Cottage is located on a working farm, along with Jocks Cottage, on the estate of Mellerstain House and is surrounded by stunning countryside providing a perfect hideaway for all your family.
The accommodation is central heated and comprises:
- Traditional country kitchen with Raeburn cooker, electric hob, oven, microwave, washer dryer, fridge freezer and CD player.
- Cosy and comfy lounge with open fire, TV with Sky, DVD and VCR player and lots of books, games and jigsaws for a rainy day.
- Single bedroom.
- First floor: Double bedroom.
- Twin bedroom.
- Bathroom with shower over bath, hand basin and WC.
- Enclosed lawned garden with garden furniture perfect for warm sunny evenings.
- Use of BBQ available upon request.
- Ample private parking.
- Cot and highchair available upon request.
- All gas, electric, bed linen and towels provided.
PLEASE NOTE There is a charge of £10 to hire a cot per week and £5 to hire a highchair per week.1 dog is welcome at a cost of £20 per week. Cancellation Protection is available, please ensure this meets your requirements prior to adding to your booking. Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation. To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.