In a Nutshell
- One bathroom
- Private Garden
- Private parking
- Washing machine
Cragside Cottage is a stunning, luxury Lake District cottage which has been lovingly furnished and equipped to the very highest of standards. Set within stunning grounds and nestled at the foot of Skiddaw it is an ideal base for walkers, cyclists or for those who simply want to get away from it all and relax in the beautiful surroundings which the Lake District offers.
Breathtaking scenery surrounds you at Cragside Cottage, as the name suggests Underskiddaw is located at the foot of Skiddaw the Lake Districts third highest peak, located away from the hustle and bustle of Keswick but with all the facilities of the town on hand, it is an ideal place to relax, unwind and enjoy the most breathtaking scenery which surrounds you. Catbells, Grisedale Pike, the Borrowdale Valley and Barrow can be seen from the front of the cottage and to the rear there are 2 acres of mature gardens giving access to a bridleway which leads onto the lower slopes of Skiddaw.
A warm welcome awaits you at Cragside Cottage, the owners who live next door are experienced fell walkers and are very happy to offer advise and share their knowledge of the local area.
This ground floor cottage has luxurious oak flooring and underfloor heating throughout and comprises:-
- Lounge/diner with wall mounted electric flame effect fire, sky TV, DVD and CD radio with iPod docking station. The main feature of this area is the picture window and French doors leading out onto a Lakeland stone patio.
- Luxurious kitchen with electric oven and ceramic hob, microwave and dishwasher.
- Utility room with fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, sink, ceiling clothes dryer and safety deposit box.
- Master bedroom with zip and link super king size bed (which can upon request be converted into twin beds ) and wall mounted TV with freeview. En-suite shower room with fully tiled floor and walls, walk in shower, WC, vanity unit with wash hand basin and wall mounted heated towel rail.
- All electric, bed linen and towels provided.
- Private parking.
- Extensive gardens with numerous seating areas and mature glorious shrubs, plants and flowers.
- Free Wi-Fi available.
- Shed for storing mountain bikes, outdoor gear and walking boots and hose to wash down muddy equipment.
PLEASE NOTE There is a charge of £10 to hire a cot per week and £5 to hire a highchair per week,these are available from the Keswick office, telephone 017687 74060 to reserve. Cancellation Protection is available, please ensure this meets your requirements prior to adding to your booking. Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation. To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
We enjoyed our stay at Cragside Cottage very much and especially appreciated the invite to your barbeque. Lovely Cottage in a beautiful area.
Pat & Jim
Just a little note t say how much we have enjoyed staying in Cragside cottage for the past week. We have stayed in many self catering properties over the years and without a doubt this is the most well appointed and luxurios place with the most wonderful views. We have also enjoyed seeing Gill from time to time as we too have an aged collie who sadly is now too arthritic to join us when we climb fells, but she is well looked after when we go away. Thank you for allowing us to share this beautiful cottage.
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.