In a Nutshell
- One bathroom
- Private Garden
- Private parking
- Washing machine
- Wood burning stove
This charming 300 year old Cumbrian cottage is ideal for exploring the southern Lake District at any time of year, with original features including beams and a cosy wood burning stove. Crake Cottage is sure to appeal to families looking to holiday in a true Lake District cottage.
The picturesque village of Spark Bridge is in the Crake Valley with the River Crake flowing through from the southern tip of Lake Coniston which is only 3 ½ miles away. Newby Bridge nestling on the southern tip of Lake Windermere is only 3 miles away and the area is an ideal base from which to explore the southern lakes including Coniston Fells, Hawkshead, Grizedale Forest and the beautiful Rusland Valley.
The 300 year old double fronted cottage has traditional features including beams, sash windows, a cosy wood burner ideal for chilly winter evenings and has been furnished and equipped to a high standard incorporating all modern conveniences.
Crake Cottage has oil central heating and comprises:
- Lounge with plasma TV, DVD player, cosy wood burning stove and staircase to the first floor.
- Dining/kitchen with electric oven and hob, microwave and fridge.
- Twin bedroom with feature fireplace.
- First floor: Double bedroom.
- Second double bedroom.
- Bathroom with shower over bath, hand basin and WC.
- All electric, oil, coal, bed linen and towels included.
- Cot and highchair available.
- Private parking for 1 car.
- Mature enclosed garden with furniture.
- The outhouse houses a washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Wi - Fi available.
PLEASE NOTE There is a charge of £10 to hire a cot per week and £5 to hire a highchair per week. 4 dogs are welcome at a cost of £20 per dog per week. Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation. To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.
Just thought I’d drop you a line after staying at the above last weekend. We had a brilliant time and were highly impressed by the quality of the cottage, its presentation and the fact that everything you could need was to hand. We’ve stayed at a number of cottages around the UK and this is by far the best one yet.