In a Nutshell
- One bathroom
- Private Garden
- Private parking
- Washing machine
- Budget cottage
This cottage is ideal for families on a budget with traditional features including beams, exposed stone walls and electric wood burning stove. The cottage has a small garden making this an all year round base from which to explore the Lakes, Hadrian's Wall, Scottish Borders and The Yorkshire Dales.
Newby lies 8 miles south of Penrith and 5 miles west of Appleby in the renowned Eden Valley, an area of peace and tranquillity. The quiet country lanes are ideal for those who enjoy walking and cycling. The market towns of Penrith, Appleby and Kendal (21 miles) offer an abundance of shops, pubs and restaurants. A 15 minute drive will bring you to the Lake District, Haweswater and Ullswater. Hadrian’s Wall, Scottish Borders and the Dales National Park are all easily accessible making this an ideal base from which to explore this area.
Dating back to the 17th Century, this former dairy now provides modern living combined with traditional features including beams, Inglenook fireplace housing an electric log burning stove and exposed stone walls.
The cottage is heated by night storage heaters and comprises:
- Lounge with Inglenook fireplace with electric log burning stove, TV, DVD player, CD/radio and selection of books and games.
- Dining/kitchen with electric oven and hob, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher and microwave.
- First floor: Double bedroom.
- Twin bedroom.
- Bathroom with shower over bath, hand basin and WC.
- All electric, bed linen and towels provided.
- Cot and highchair available.
- Wi-Fi included.
- Private parking for 2 cars.
- Small garden with garden furniture and barbeque.
PLEASE NOTENOTE There is a charge of £10 to hire a cot per week and £5 to hire a highchair per week. . Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation. To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.