In a Nutshell
- One bathroom
- Secure Garden
- Private parking
- Washing machine
- Wood burning stove
Dale House is a fantastic Lake District holiday cottage, perfect for families wishing to holiday in an area surrounded by undulating scenery. A cosy open fire, wood burning stove and delightful sunny patio perfect for relaxing await you.
High Lorton is a quaint Lakeland village surrounded by spellbinding scenery from glistening lakes and magnificent mountain views to pretty Lakeland towns. Dale House is an ideal holiday cottage from which to explore the quiet and less frequented Vale of Lorton which includes Buttermere, Loweswater and Crummock. There are an abundance of walking opportunities directly from the door and close by Whinlatter Forest is home to a whole host of activities including Go-Ape tree top adventure, mountain biking and orienteering to name just a few. There is no wonder that once discovered holidaymakers choose to return to the area year after year.
Dale House is a semi-detached early Victorian house which retains many original features, including stained glass, a characterful open fire and Inglenook fireplace with wood burning stove. This is an ideal base for holidaymakers looking for a charming property in an area awash with footpaths and countryside just waiting to be explored.
The cottage is heated by electric storage heaters and comprises:
- Lounge with open fire, TV, DVD and a selection of books,games and maps.
- Dining room with wood burning stove and a selection of games and jigsaw puzzles.
- Kitchen with electric range style cooker, microwave, and dishwasher.
- Utility room ideal for storing outdoor gear, with washing machine,tumble dryer, fridge, freezer and sink.
- Cloakroom with WC and hand basin.
- First floor: Double bedroom with TV.
- Single bedroom.
- Double bedroom.
- Family bathroom with bath, shower cubicle, hand basin and WC.
- All electric and bed linen included.
- WiFi available.
- Cot and highchair available.
- Private parking for 2 cars.
- Enclosed patio seating area to rear with outdoor furniture.
- Please note there is a small pond to the side of the property, therefore children will require supervision.
PLEASE NOTE There is a charge of £10 to hire a cot per week and £5 to hire a highchair per week. 2 dogs are welcome at a cost of £20 per dog per week. Cancellation Protection is available, please ensure this meets your requirements prior to adding to your booking. Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation. To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.