In a Nutshell
- Two bathrooms
- Private Garden
- Private parking
- Pub within walking distance
- Washing machine
- Open fire
This luxury Lake District cottage is a spacious 'Arts and Crafts' house located in Patterdale at the southern tip of Lake Ullswater. Sleeping 10, it is ideal for 2 families or group of friends looking for a base from which to enjoy all of the Lake District, an open fire in an Inglenook fireplace and wood burning stove make the house warm and cosy in the colder months and the 3 acres of gardens and woodlands provide a private, quiet summer retreat making the cottage ideal at any time of year.
Located at the southern end of Lake Ullswater, Patterdale is a traditional Lake District village with shop and post office, church, pub and hotel both serving excellent food. Surrounded by Helvellyn, St Sunday Crag and Place Fell walking, cycling and climbing can be enjoyed right from the door. Lake Ullswater has a number of water sports centres where you can hire a boat or try out windsurfing among other water borne activities. Keswick and Ambleside are a 30 minute scenic drive with a wealth of attractions, restaurants, pubs and shops, or visit the many villages dotted along the shores of Lake Ullswater, each with its own character.
Daweswood dates back to 1908 and is an ‘arts and crafts house’, approached by a sweeping driveway between the mature conifers and rhododendrons, and stands in 3 acres of gardens and woodlands where there is a magnificent variety of wild life and mature trees providing privacy. Furnished with a mixture of antiques and contemporary furniture with William Morris furnishings and with an open fire housed in an Inglenook fireplace and wood burning stove the house is warm and cosy in winter and lazy days can be enjoyed during the summer months in the garden or for those who enjoy walking the fells, the back gate provides direct access. The property is ideal for a group of friends or two families holidaying together who will appreciate the attention to detail and ease of access to the fells, to make this a home from home at any time of year.
The cottage has oil central heating and comprises:
- Impressive entrance hallway with oak panelling and beamed ceiling.
- Lounge with period ornate polished wood fire surround housing open fire, boxed bay window offering view to the garden, TV and DVD player.
- Formal dining room with original oak panelling, beamed ceiling and wood burning stove.
- Kitchen comprising of electric oven and hob, fridge, freezer, dishwasher and microwave.
- Breakfast room with wood burning stove and leaded bay windows to the garden.
- Utility/drying room with washing machine.
- Cloakroom with hand basin and WC.
- First floor: Master double bedroom with leaded windows over a window seat and views to the fells.
- Three double bedrooms, one with window seat overlooking the garden.
- Twin bedroom.
- Two bathrooms both with bath, hand basin, WC, one with a shower cubicle.
- Separate WC with hand basin.
- All electric, coal, logs, bed linen, towels and payphone provided.
- Cot and highchair available.
- Ample private parking.
- Gardens with patio and garden furniture.
- Nearest pub and shop a 5 minute walk.
PLEASE NOTE There is a charge of £10 to hire a cot per week and £5 to hire a highchair per week.. Cancellation Protection is available, please ensure this meets your requirements prior to adding to your booking. Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation. To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.