In a Nutshell
- One bathroom
- Private Garden
- Private parking
- Washing machine
- Open fire
A splendid recently upgraded 18th century stone cottage with lovely garden. Situated in an elevated position in the pretty village of Caldbeck. Sleeping six it is ideal for families or groups of friends wishing to explore the area.
Ellwood House is an 18th century stone built cottage located in an elevated position in the village of Caldbeck in the northern fells of the Lake District with open views. High Pike can be seen immediately due south of the cottage in the picturesque expanse known colloquially as 'Back o' Skiddaw'. Just 100 yards across the field below you will find Gill Beck which runs through the village with a footpath just behind. The area is great for exploring on foot or bike, and the Cumbria Way and Reivers Route both pass through the village. For those who still have energy left from walking the fells, tennis courts are available for booking just 200 metres away. The local pub serves excellent bar meals and there are many more places to eat in the surrounding villages.
The cottage has benefited from a major upgrade which has included the installation of a cast iron wood burner, which provides a wonderful focal point and is great to cuddle-up in front of after a day on the fells, and fitting of a solid oak floor. Ellwood House is in a quiet, rural location which makes the cottage a perfect place to retreat to at any time of the year for a ‘get away from it all' break.
Ellwood House has oil fired central heating and comprises:
- Lounge/dining room with solid wood flooring, wood burning stove, Wi-Fi internet, freeview TV, DVD plus selection of DVD's, books, games and maps.
- Kitchen with electric oven and hob, fridge and microwave.
- Utility room with freezer, washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Bathroom with shower cubicle, bath, hand basin and WC.
- First floor: Master double bedroom.
- Twin bedroom.
- Single bedroom with single bed and pull out single divan guest bed.
- All electric, oil and bed linen included.
- Initial supply of logs/coal provided.
- Cot and Wi-Fi available.
- Private parking for 4 cars.
- There is a large secluded garden with patio furniture and barbeque.
- There is a barn ideal for storing mountain bikes.
PLEASE NOTE There is a charge of £10 to hire a cot per week. 3 dogs welcome at a cost of £20 per dog per week.
Cancellation Protection is available, please ensure this meets your requirements prior to adding to your booking.
Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation.
To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.