In a Nutshell
- Five bathrooms
- Private Garden
- Private parking
- Hot tub
- Washing machine
- Loch view
Forest Way is a luxurious 5* cottage sitting on the banks of White Loch, with private HOT TUB and use of the boathouse. Furnished and equipped to cater for your every need and with a variety of activities within a short drive, including free golf at Colvend, you will long to return year after year once you have discovered this gem of a cottage.
The winner of Countryfile's "Holiday Destination of the Year 2016", Dumfries and Galloway has it all and your holiday home is at the heart of it. The famous 7 Stanes Cycle Route, the home of the Solway Yacht Club at Kippford, and one of Scotland's top 50 golf courses at Southerness are less than 15 minutes away, while less than a mile away is Colvend Golf Course,"Scotland's Friendliest Club". The National Trust calls Rockcliffe "one of Scotland's prettiest stretches of coastline", perfect for exploring. Add in the amazing variety of wildlife at Caerlaverock, and the ultimate in love stories at Sweetheart Abbey and you have everything for your perfect holiday right on your doorstep.
Forest Way, the 5 bedroomed main house is furnished to the highest standard and equipped with a Sonos Sound System in all rooms. All bedrooms are en-suite with luxurious bed linen and sumptuous towels. The property is only available for exclusive use so the grounds and features are yours alone to enjoy during your stay. Ideal for a group of friends or that special family occasion, either sharing a meal in the large dining kitchen, watching a film in front of a roaring log fire or enjoying a quiet Sunday morning reading the papers in the Snug, there is something for everyone. The landscaped garden with its red squirrels leads down to the loch. You have your own private boathouse, you can fish for trout from the jetty or just simply relax in the hot tub and watch the sun go down.
Forest Way has oil-fired central heating, Sonos music system in all rooms (download the Sonos Controller app to you smart phone before your visit), and comprises:
- GROUND FLOOR Spacious lounge with large comfy sofas set around the wood burning stove, Satellite TV with Netflix and patio doors leading to the decking.
- Snug with armchairs and selection of books and board games.
- Kitchen/dining room with electric oven and hob, large American style fridge/freezer, dishwasher, microwave, NESPRESSO coffee machine (we will leave a few pods to get you started, but if you have your own favourites, please bring a supply with you) and patio doors to the decking for outside dining.
- Utility/boot room with washing machine.
- Cloakroom with hand basin and WC.
- Three double bedrooms, two with en-suite bathrooms with shower over the bath, hand basin and WC and one with en-suite shower room with walk in shower, hand basin and WC.
- FIRST FLOOR Master bedroom suite with super king-sized bed, lounge area and en-suite bathroom with bath, separate shower cubicle, hand basin, bidet and WC.
- Second bedroom suite with super king-size bed that can convert to twin beds, lounge area and en-suite bathroom with shower over bath, hand basin and WC.
- BOATHOUSE comprising
- Relaxed seating area with bar and electric stove.
- Outside decked area with HOT TUB (£150 per week/part week supplement) and private jetty.
- All heating, electric, bed linen, towels and logs provided.
- Cots and highchairs available.
- Wi-Fi available.
- Private parking for 7 cars.
- Patio with garden furniture, mature gardens leading to the loch, boathouse with HOT TUB (£150 is payable for the use of the hot tub which must be pre booked) and jetty where you can fish or relax taking in the stunning view.
- Free golf for up to a maximum of 4 players on the course at any time for guests staying 7 days or more at Colvend Golf Course. (click here to see our blog on golfing at Colvend)
PLEASE NOTE There is a charge of £10 to hire a cot per week. There is a charge of £5 to hire a highchair per week. There is a £150 charge for the hot tub. Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation. To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.
5* Lochside, Rochliffe!! Wow!! The house is absolutely stunning. Very clean, very modern and well designed. Very child friendly. The owners have really gone out of their way to make our stay enjoyable. They have thought of every little thing. Boathouse is gorgeous, hot tub is gorgeous just absolutely perfect. Thank you for such an enjoyable stay and we hope to return at some point in the future.