In a Nutshell
- Two bathrooms
- Private Garden
- Private parking
- Pub within walking distance
- Washing machine
- Wood burning stove
Foresters Cottage is a delightful pet friendly cottage suitable for a family or friends. You can enjoy the gardens on a sunny afternoon or relax in front of the wood burning stove in t he lounge on a winter’s evening. The charming cottage has been tastefully renovated to provide comfortable and cosy accommodation for all the family. The Cumbrian cottage would suit those looking for a walking holiday and is located close to Grizedale Forest which provides cycle routes, walks and adventurous activities for all the family.
The small village of Satterthwaite is located a 15 minute drive from Newby Bridge, Lake Windermere, Hawkshead and Coniston in the Grizedale Valley. The village is ideally based to explore Grizedale Forest with its tree top adventure Go Ape, along with a number of low level walks and cycling paths throughout the valley. Satterthwaite has a village inn serving delicious food and the picturesque villages of Hawkshead and Coniston both have a wealth of amenities from village shops, antique shops, art galleries, eateries and traditional village pubs.
Foresters Cottage is a semi-detached property which has been renovated to provide cosy accommodation for a family stay in the Lakes. Set in a peaceful location still within easy access to drive to the popular areas of the Lake District and has walks from the door of the cottage. The wood burning stove would be perfect for a winter’s evening after a day walking the fells and a summer’s afternoon relaxing in the garden and enjoy a glass of wine.
The cottage is oil centrally heated and comprises:
- Open plan lounge/diner with wood burning stove, comfy L-shaped leather sofa, TV with DVD player and Freeview.
- Dining with selection of books and DVDs and cosy reading corner.
- Kitchen with electric oven and hob, fridge, freezer and microwave.
- Utility room housing washer/dryer and door to garden.
- Shower room with hand basin and WC.
- First floor: Master double bedroom with built in storage, dressing table and window to front overlooking fields.
- Double bedroom with zip and link bed which can be booked as twin beds upon request, built in storage and window to front overlooking fields.
- Double bedroom with double bed, (the bed can only be accessed from one side).
- Family bathroom with shower over bath, hand basin and WC.
- All electric, oil, bed linen, towels and initial supply of logs are provided.
- Free Wi-Fi available.
- Cot and highchair available.
- Large lawned garden to the front, side and rear of the cottage with garden furniture.
- Private parking for 2 cars.
- Please note there is a £50 refundable breakage deposit payable.
PLEASE NOTE There is a charge of £10 to hire a cot per week. There is a charge of £5 to hire a highchair per week.. 2 dogs are welcome at a cost of £20 per dog per . Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation. To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.
Just wanted to say what an absolute fantastic place you have here, a real gem. One of the best short stays I have had in years. We will definitely be returning when we have more time to stay. Once again, thank you very much. Please let the owners know we really enjoyed their home. Cheers CB