In a Nutshell
- One bathroom
- Private Garden
- Private parking
- Washing machine
- Wood burning stove
- Budget cottage
Galabank Cottage is a converted 18th century cottage with a welcoming wood burning stove for chilly evenings and a rear garden for warm sunny evenings. Edinburgh is 25 miles north and Stow has easy access to the majority of the Border towns making it an ideal base from which to explore the Scottish Borders at any time of year.
The village of Stow is on a direct route to Edinburgh only 25 miles north and is an ideal base from which to tour the Scottish Borders with easy access to Melrose and other Border towns.With something for everyone the Borders offer a variety of interests including walking, cycling, mountain biking, golfing, fishing, horse riding, abbeys, castles, historic and stately homes.The nearby towns all have a wealth of restaurants, pubs and shops.
Galabank Cottage is a converted 18th century cottage adjoining what was the old Drover’s Inn, now the owners home, located ½ mile north of Stow. From the garden, a stile over a "drystone dyke" gives access to the hills behind and the Galawater Valley where numerous walks can be taken. The cosy wood burning stove is a welcoming place to cuddle up in front of on a chilly evening whilst the garden with fells beyond is a haven for relaxation on a summers night after a days exploring.
The cottage has oil central heating and comprises:
- Open plan lounge/kitchen/dining area with solid oak floor, TV and wood burning stove.
- Kitchen with electric oven and hob, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher and microwave.
- First floor:Double bedroom with king size bed (please advise at the time of booking if twin beds required as bed is zip linked) view over the rear garden and velux window gives views to the nearby fells.
- Bathroom with shower over bath, hand basin and WC.
- All oil, electric, logs, bed linen and towels included.
- Cot and Wi-Fi available.
- Private parking.
- Small garden to the front of the property with view to Gala Water and rear garden with decking, garden furniture, barbeque and access to the hills beyond.
- PLEASE NOTE There is a charge of £10 to hire a cot per week . Cancellation Protection is available; please ensure this meets your requirements prior to adding to your booking. Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation. To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
My boyfriend and I spent the weekend at Galabank over Valentine's weekend and we loved it; the cottage is so cosy and picturesque, not to mention spotlessly clean and well presented on arrival. The owners added nice personal touches such as the tray of tea and biscuits and a bottle of fizz in the fridge! We loved the log burner fire and had it on almost constant over the whole weekend. There is access to the hills and fields through the garden over a small style and the views from there are truly amazing; there is also acces to Edinburgh city centre via bus which stops right outside regularly. We would 100% recommend and would happily go back to stay at Galabank again!
Craig & Amy
The cottage was beautiful and rustic, wood burner made our honeymoon very cozy! The owner had left all sorts of useful information from takeaways to church services and on arrival there was milk, tea and coffee available. As it was our honeymoon the owner also left a card and a bottle of champa's for us which just topped everything off. Perfect for a romantic cozy getaway. Next time I have a chance without the kids wouldn't think twice about returning.
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.