In a Nutshell
- Three bathrooms
- Shared Garden
- Private parking
- Pub within walking distance
- Washing machine
- Open fire
Gordon Castle Estate is perfectly based to enjoy a relaxing break away or for the eager fisherman with some of the best fishing in the UK. Garden Cottage overlooks the Walled Garden and is within walking distance of all the amenities.
Gordon Castle Estate is located nine miles east of Elgin and twelve miles west of Keith at the western end of the historic village of Fochabers in the Highlands of Scotland. The Estate offers three holiday cottages and also many local activities and attractions. For instance, the Gordon Castle and Brae Water beats on the River Spey are amongst the most famous for salmon fishing in the world and the Estate also offers shooting and roe deer stalking. There are numerous other attractions and activities close by including many local golf courses and over twenty within a forty mile radius. In the heart of malt whisky country, many distilleries offer tours and you may also enjoy dolphin watching at Spey Bay, walking along The Speyside Way, riding the Monster Bike Trails, or visiting other attractions such as the Speyside Cooperage, the Landmark Forest Theme Park, numerous castles, Tugnet Ice House, and much more. Not far are the majestic Cairngorms as well as Inverness and Loch Ness.
The Estate is an idyllic retreat away from the stresses of everyday living, relax in the gardens, dine in the Walled Garden cafe where local produce is served whilst watching the children having fun in the play area, explore the garden with its trained fruit trees and rare plants or purchase some summer scents made at the Castle. The three charming cottages located in the grounds of the Estate each provide luxurious family accommodation ideal for a relaxing break or a base for those looking to take part in the sports available.
A charming and spacious detached property set into the walls of The Walled Garden and within walking distance of all local amenities.
The cottage is gas centrally heated and comprises:
- Ground floor: Comfortable lounge with open fire and TV. Spacious dining room with hostess trolley.
- Large kitchen/breakfast room with gas hob and double oven, dishwasher, microwave and fridge.
- Utility room with chest freezer, washing machine and condenser dryer.
- Bedroom with en-suite shower and WC.
- Drying room.
- First floor: Three twin bedrooms two of which can be converted into double beds.
- One en-suite bathroom.
- Family bathroom with bath and shower.
- Garden Cottage can be “expanded” by adding the Bothy, a 50 meter walk away, which comprises two twin bedrooms, a bathroom with roll top bath, WC and basin and a separate shower room with WC.
PLEASE NOTE There is a charge of £10 to hire a cot per week there is a charge of £5 to hire a highchair per week. 1 dogs is welcome at a cost of £20 per dog per week. Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation. To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
- All gas, electric, bed linen, towels and logs provided.
- Cot and highchair available.
- Ample private parking.
- A lockable box for full size fishing rods available.
- Shared use of the Estate grounds.
- March to October the changeover day is Sunday, any day the rest of the year.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.