In a Nutshell
- One bathroom
- Balcony or Terrace
- Private parking
- Pub within walking distance
- Budget cottage
This Cumbrian cottage is the perfect retreat for any couple looking to enjoy a relaxing weekend or mid week break, away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. With walks and cycle routes straight from the door so you can leave your car behind
Situated midway between Kendal and Windermere, Staveley is a small village with a selection of traditional shops, pubs and cafes.The cottages are located two miles outside of the village, perfectly placed for exploring the Lake District by car or foot. For the dedicated walkers Kentmere, Longsleddale, and Troutbeck are all within easy reach, there are also more relaxed walking and cycling opportunities straight from the door meaning you can leave your car behind.
Located just 15 minutes away are the popular villages of Windermere and Bowness, with an abundance of water sport activities available and the famous Beatrix Potter museum is well worth a visit.Grasmere is a further 15 minutes as is Ullswater just a short drive over the scenic Kirkstone pass, stopping along the way for a drink in the highest pub in England located 1500ft above sea level.
The cottages adjoin the owner’s main farmhouse, and are ideal for couples looking for a quite break away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.The owners are on hand to advise you if you need any help.
The cottage is centrally heated and comprises:
- Lounge with electric effect log burning stove, TV and DVD player and dining area with views over the nearby fells.
- Kitchen with electric oven and hob, microwave and fridge/freezer.
- Double bedroom with picture perfect views.
- Bathroom with shower, hand basin and WC.
- Courtyard with seating ideal for a relaxing summers evening. Please note the court yard is not enclosed but pets are welcome.
- All electric, bed linen and towels included.
- Wi-Fi available
- Sorry no cot available but you may hire one from our Windermere office.<
- Private parking for 1 car.
PLEASE NOTE There is a charge of £10 to hire a cot per week there is a charge of £5 to hire a highchair per week. 4 dogs are welcome at a cost of £20 per dog per week. Cancellation Protection is available; please ensure this meets your requirements prior to adding to your booking. Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation. To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.