In a Nutshell
- One bathroom
- Private Garden
- Private parking
- Pub within walking distance
- Washing machine
- Budget cottage
Located on a working farm in an area of peace and tranquility on the edge of the Caldbeck fells, this cottage is ideal for couples or families with young children looking for a relaxing holiday at any time of year. The cottage has the advantage of a double bedroom and bathroom both on the ground floor.
Gardeners Cottage is located almost mid way between Carlisle and Keswick making it an ideal place to visit the northern lakes. Situated adjacent to the owners home on a working farm in an area of peace and tranquillity in the rolling countryside on the edge of the Caldbeck fells.
The cottage is a 20 minute walk, or gentle bike ride through country lanes to the pretty fell side village of Hesket Newmarket with village green, traditional stores, tea shop and the renowned Crown Inn, a community owned village pub with its own brewery. Two miles west is the much photographed village of Caldbeck with duck pond, pub, cafes and gift shop.
The cottage provides, cosy accommodation suitable for couples or families with young children looking for a break at any time of the year, whether to recharge your batteries or a romantic break within the beautiful unspoilt countryside.
The accommodation is heated by night storage heaters and comprises:
- Beamed lounge with views over the garden, TV, DVD player, electric stove in Inglenook fireplace. Wi Fi is available
- Breakfast kitchen with electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge and washing machine.
- Double bedroom with views over the surrounding countryside and en-suite shower room with hand basin and WC.
- First floor: Twin bedroom with sloping ceiling suitable for children.
- All electric, bed linen and towels provided.
- Cot, highchair and children's fold up bed available.
- Private parking and secure storage for bikes.
- The cottage has a well stocked garden with open rural outlook.
- A warm welcome awaits you from the owners who will be pleased to show the children around the farm and animals.
- One small dog welcome.
PLEASE NOTE There is a charge of £10 to hire a cot per week there is a charge of £5 to hire a highchair per week. 1 dogs is welcome at a cost of £20 per dog per week. Cancellation Protection is available; please ensure this meets your requirements prior to adding to your booking. Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation. To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.