In a Nutshell
- Three bathrooms
- Private Garden
- Private parking
- New cottage
- Washing machine
- Wood burning stove
This cosy cottage provides accommodation with a ground floor bedroom and bathroom making it an ideal choice for an extended family holiday with grandparents or those who have difficulty with stairs. The lawned garden extends down to the river where picnics can be enjoyed on sunny days or snuggle up in front of the cosy wood burning stove in the winter. Historic Carlisle and Hadrian's Wall are within a short drive.
Brampton is conveniently located within a few minutes drive of the motorway and just off the A69 for those travelling from the east. Ideally based for those with an interest in history, Hadrian’s Wall and its various forts along the route and Lanercost Priory (now with a modern tea room) are within a short drive. The market town of Brampton, 1.5 miles to the east, has a number of shops, bars and restaurants and Carlisle, the historic border city, has entertainment for the whole family from cinema to bowling alley along with shopping centre, night clubs and restaurants.
With a garden overlooking the river and walking from the door through Gelt Wood, this former inn in the hamlet of Low Gelt, has been converted to provide a home away from home for a group of friends or a family, looking for a base from which to enjoy an away from it all holiday. The cottage has a ground floor bedroom and en-suite shower room, ideal for families with elderly relatives or people who struggle with stairs. The cosy wood burning stove compliments the modern furnishings, making the cottage warm and snugly on chilly evenings, whilst warm sunny evenings can be spent relaxing or dining al fresco or picnicing by the river.
The cottage has under floor heating and radiators powered by an air source heat pump and comprises:
- Open plan lounge/kitchen/dining area with comfy seating set around the wood burning stove, TV with FreeSat, DVD player, music centre, dining table and French doors leading out to the enclosed yard.
- The kitchen has hand-made oak units, electric double oven with grill and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher and washer/dryer.
- Double bedroom with super king size zip and link beds which can convert to twin beds (please advise at the time of booking), patio doors leading to the patio and en-suite wet room with shower, hand basin and WC.
- First floor: Snug with cosy sitting area and selection of books.
- Master double bedroom with king size bed and en-suite bathroom comprising shower over bath, hand basin and WC.
- Attic style twin bedroom with en-suite shower room with hand basin and WC.
- All electric, bed linen, towels and logs provided.
- Cot and highchair available.
- Free Wi-Fi.
- Private parking for 3 cars.
- Enclosed yard with picnic table to the rear of the property.
- Guests have access to the lawned garden overlooking the river and Low Gelt Bridge.
PLEASE NOTE There is a charge of £10 to hire a cot per week there is a charge of £5 to hire a highchair per week. 2 dogs are welcome at a cost of £20 per dog per week.
Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation. To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.