In a Nutshell
- Three bathrooms
- Shared Garden
- Private parking
- Pub within walking distance
- Washing machine
A luxury four bedroom, three bathroomed apartment centrally located in the village of Wetheral. The apartment enjoys stunning views across the Eden Valley.
The village of Wetheral is built above the banks of the River Eden around a picturesque village green. There are several amenities including a 4* hotel, leisure club, restaurant, church, village shop and Post Office, bowling green and cricket field. With its beautiful views over the Eden Valley, riverside walks and the Lake District, Scottish Borders and Hadrian's Wall, all within a half hour drive, Wetheral is an excellent holiday location. A short steep walk takes you past the church and remains of the abbey to the River Eden. To the east the 19th century viaduct towers above the river with some of the best salmon fishing in the country, further along the river you can view a magnificent waterfall cascading down from Corby Castle, woodland walks leads to the remains of the caves used by the monks in the 14th century.
Geltsdale was built as a private house for the Mayor of Carlisle in 1904 in the village of Wetheral, which is recognised as an unspoilt beauty spot. Geltsdale is in a tranquil setting surrounded by several acres of garden and woodland and enjoys views over the grounds and River Eden to the Castle Carrock Fells. Geltsdale is approx. 2 miles from Carlisle Golf Course.
The centrally heated accommodation comprises:
- First floor:
Fitted dining/kitchen with electric oven and hob, microwave, dishwasher, fridge, dining table and wall mounted TV.
- Utility room with washer/dryer and freezer.
- Cloakroom with hand basin and WC.
- Lounge enjoying open rural aspect, TV, DVD and CD player.
- Master double bedroom with en-suite shower room.
- Second floor:
Double bedroom with en-suite bathroom.
- Twin bedroom with en-suite shower room.
- Small children's bunk bedroom with en-suite hand basin and WC.
- All electric, gas, bed linen and towels included.
- Cot and highchair available.
- Parking for 2 cars.
- Outside: Seating area and access to 5 acres of grounds.
- There are three golf courses within 5 miles with preferential rates.
- Approx. 2 miles from Carlisle Golf Course.
PLEASE NOTE There is a charge of £10 and £5 respectively to hire a cot and highchair per week.
Cancellation Protection is available, please ensure this meets your requirements prior to adding to your booking.
Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation.
To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
This is our 4th time here and it just keeps getting better. The Views are fantastic!
Mr & Mrs Singh
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.