In a Nutshell
- Two bathrooms
- Secure Garden
- Private parking
- Pub within walking distance
- Washing machine
This two bedroomed apartment, with its own private entrance and courtyard with seating area is on the ground floor ideal for those who have difficulties walking or with stairs. The cottage can be rented together with Geltsdale to sleep a total of 12 people. The area is perfect for those wanting to tour the Lake District, Hadrian's Wall, Scottish Borders and there is easy access to Northumberland.
Wetheral has a quaint village green including the former sandstone May pole and is overlooked by Fantails Bistro Restaurant and Wheat Sheaf traditional village pub, village shop and tea rooms and Crown Hotel with Walton's public bar and leisure complex. A short steep walk takes you past the church and remains of the abbey to the River Eden. To the east the 19th century viaduct towers above the river with some of the best salmon fishing in the country, further along the river you can view a magnificent waterfall cascading down from Corby Castle, woodland walks leads to the remains of the caves used by the monks in the 14th century.
Located below Geltsdale, East Wing, Geltsdale Garden shares the same extensive grounds and enjoys pleasant views to Geltsdale fells. Geltsdale Garden Apartment is all on one level making this ideal for those with walking difficulties. The apartment has stunning views over the surrounding Eden Valley.
The apartment has its own courtyard entrance to the front of the property is centrally heated and comprises:
- Dining/lounge with plasma TV and DVD with superb views over the garden towards the Geltsdale fells in the distance.
- Kitchen equipped with electric oven and hob, dishwasher, washer/dryer, fridge/freezer and microwave.
- Double bedroom with en-suite shower room with hand basin and WC.
- Twin bedroom with en-suite bathroom with shower above bath, hand basin and WC.
- The twin bedroom can be linked to form a super king 6" bed - please state at time of booking which you would prefer
- All gas, electric, bed linen and towels included.
- Cot and highchair available.
- Private parking for 1 car.
- Wi-Fi available
- In addition to the courtyard with seating is a lawned garden to the side of the property with views to the distant fells
PLEASE NOTE There is a charge of £10 and £5 respectively to hire a cot and highchair per week. Cancellation Protection is available, please ensure this meets your requirements prior to adding to your booking. Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation. To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.
We have thoroughly enjoyed our stay again, hope to see you again next year.
Linda & Mike Whalley
I would like to thankyou for the fab time we had a geltsdale garden apartment. Sorry we forgot to write in the visitors book.We thought this cottage a beautiful place.Have a good Christmas