In a Nutshell
- One bathroom
- Private Garden
- Wood burning stove
- Private parking
- Washing machine
- Wood burning stove
Glen Cottage ia a luxury ground floor barn conversion with beams, fell views and cosy wood burning stove to cuddle up to and is sure to appeal to couples looking for a holiday cottage in one of the most sought after locations in the Lake District.
Greenbank Farm is no longer a working farm and now comprises three holiday cottages, recently converted and extended to provide spacious, contemporary style accommodation of the highest standard. Winning the Visit Britain 4 star Gold award, 4 star Gold Beckwood sleeps up to 8 and Glen Cottage sleeps 2. The owner has used her wealth of experience of the self catering market to provide everything you could wish for in a holiday cottage. Together with superb views to Blencathra to the north, Great Mell Fell to the south and within 5 miles of Ullswater, this makes these cottages highly sought after by the discerning Lake District enthusiast.
The cottages sit within 14 acres of grounds adjacent to Rookin House Farm Activity Centre, where an enjoyable afternoon can be spent pony trekking, or for those feeling more energetic cycling opportunities lead from your door to Ullswater 5 miles south.
With easy access both to the M6 and the A66, Penrith is 10 minutes, Keswick 15 minutes or a 30 minute scenic route alongside the lake and over Kirkstone Pass will bring you to Ambleside. All making this an ideal location to enjoy the peace and tranquillity of the surrounding countryside or to explore the northern lakes.
Greenbank Farm is ideal for family groups as it can accommodate up to 10 people (no single sex parties) in 2 spacious, well appointed, self contained cottages - each imaginatively and individually designed to create maximum comfort and enjoyment. All have under floor heating throughout and slate and polished oak floors and satellite based Wi-Fi.
The cottage comprises:
- Lounge with Inglenook fireplace housing wood burning stove, oak flooring, view to Great Mell Fell, beamed ceiling, TV and DVD.
- Sun lounge with dining table, sofa and superb views to both Great Mell Fell and The Dodds.
- Breakfast kitchen equipped with electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher and travertine floor.
- Spacious hallway with two steps down leading to double bedroom with king size bed and views to Great Mell Fell. Shower room with WC, vanity unit and heated towel rail.
- All electric, bed linen and towels included
- Cot and highchair available
- Wi-Fi available.
- Private parking for 1 car
- Private garden with furniture
- PLEASE NOTE There is a charge of £10 to hire a cot per week there is a charge of £5 to hire a highchair per week. 2 dogs are welcome at a cost of £20 per dog per week. Cancellation Protection is available; please ensure this meets your requirements prior to adding to your booking. Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation. To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
We have really enjoyed our stay in the cottage. It is warm and cosy and the bed is very comfortable. Thanks for creating a lovely environment.Tony Martin
Mr & Mrs Tony Martin
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.