In a Nutshell
- One bathroom
- Private Garden
- Private parking
- Washing machine
- Wood burning stove
Glen Cottage ia a luxury ground floor barn conversion with beams, fell views and cosy wood burning stove to cuddle up to and is sure to appeal to couples looking for a holiday cottage in one of the most sought after locations in the Lake District.
Glen Cottage provides generous accommodation with every modern convenience in an ideal location within Lake District National Park for your holiday.
Part of a converted lakeland barn and away from traffic in 14 acres of Greenbank Farm it provides spacious accommodation for a couple as a comfortable base to explore the Northern Lake District, or to just relax and gaze at the scenery.
Rated Four Star Gold by Visit Britain this cottage has a sun lounge with views of the Dodds. It has its own walled garden and access to a large fenced field where dogs can run and play safely. New sofa's and other furniture in 2016
The lounge has a cosy wood burning stove, TV and views of Great Mell Fell.
A fully equipped kitchen includes an oven, microwave, dishwasher, washer/dryer and wide range of crockery and utensils.
The shower room has plenty of hot water and you can leave coats and boots out of the way in the large porch.
The fields around usually have sheep or ponies and a wide variety of birds visit the feeders outside the sun lounge. The chickens provide delicious fresh eggs and are always entertaining to watch as they explore their large grassy pen looking for a tasty treat, or running to meet visitors.
Keswick, Glenridding, Ullswater, Penrith and the M6 are all within 20 minutes drive while Ambleside and Windermere can be reached via the beautiful Kirkstone pass.
The cottage comprises:
- Lounge with Inglenook fireplace housing wood burning stove, oak flooring, view to Great Mell Fell, beamed ceiling, TV and DVD.
- Sun lounge with dining table, sofa and superb views to both Great Mell Fell and The Dodds.
- Breakfast kitchen equipped with electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher and travertine floor.
- Spacious hallway with two steps down leading to double bedroom with king size bed and views to Great Mell Fell.
- Shower room with WC, vanity unit and heated towel rail.
- All electric, bed linen and towels included.
- Cot and highchair available
- Wi-Fi available.
- Private parking for 1 car.
- Private garden with furniture
PLEASE NOTE There is a charge of £10 to hire a cot per week there is a charge of £5 to hire a highchair per week. 2 dogs are welcome at a cost of £20 per dog per week. Cancellation Protection is available; please ensure this meets your requirements prior to adding to your booking. Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation. To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
We have really enjoyed our stay in the cottage. It is warm and cosy and the bed is very comfortable. Thanks for creating a lovely environment.Tony Martin
Mr & Mrs Tony Martin
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.