In a Nutshell
- Three bathrooms
- Private Garden
- Private parking
- Close to a beach
- Washing machine
- Sea view
Grannda Mhor is an incredibly special Scottish Cottage set back into the hillside, its full length panoramic window taking advantage of the most spectacular seascape views to the south-west across Asknish Bay to the islands of Shuna, Scarba and Jura.
With a harbourmaster, marina office and store -the stunning views take in the local islands of Shuna, Seil and Luing, as well as many better-known islands from Jura in the South to the highlands of Mull in the North. Running regularly from here are a number of excellent wildlife cruises which also take in the famous Gulf of Corryvreckan with the largest whirlpool in the world. 5 minutes drive north along the A816 coastal road is Oban, a picturesque and bustling harbour town with an array of splendid shops and restaurants to experience; known as "The Seafood Capital of Scotland" it doesn't disappoint. With fishing boats in the bay, and regular Calmac Ferries leaving for the Inner and Outer Hebrides, one visit will never be enough.
In an area of great natural scenic beauty nestled between Oban and Lochgilphead, the cottage enjoys a fine prominent hillside position with spectacular views south and west over Asknish Bay to Shuna, Luing, Scarba and The Paps of Jura. The gardens and immediate surrounding area play host to a wide range of fauna including red squirrel, pine marten and otters playing in the bay with numerous bird species also present, which includes occasional sightings of Golden and Sea Eagles over the Bay. A few hundred yards north of Grannda Mhor are the famous Arduaine Gardens and The Loch Melfort Hotel offering an excellent bistro and formal restaurant with incredible views to the west.Refurbished to an exceptionally high standard; Grannda Mhor combines class and quality whilst offering you all you could hope for in terms of comfort, peace and relaxation. Comfortably sleeping 8, Grannda Mhor is available for rental all year round and is an ideal base for your self-catering holiday in Argyll. 2.5 miles to the south of Grannda Mhor is Craobh Haven, a popular holiday and sailing village with berths for up to 250 crafts. The bay at Arduaine has its own jetty for you to launch your rib or kayaks and is on the now famous west coast Sea Kayak Trail! The village has a local shop and a highly recommended pub/restaurant 'The Lord of The Isles'.
The cottage is heated by log burning stove and electric heaters and comprises:
- Full aspect 5.5 metre panoramic, half-opening window in bright sitting area allowing for uncompromised views to the south-west over the bay to the islands and Craobh Haven Marina with Bio-ethanol fuel stove and TV.
- Well-equipped modern kitchen with electric cooker, microwave, dishwasher, fridge/freezer, washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Bright and flexible accommodation arranged over two main floors and a mezzanine level dining area with oak dining table and glass balustrade taking continued advantage of the sea views.
- Comfortably sleeps 8 across 4 bedrooms 2 of which are king with en suite.
- The double and the twin-bedded rooms share a luxury bathroom and are both fitted with sliding patio doors leading straight to the garden area.
- The master bedroom (with en suite) and the double bedroom have views to the south-west.
- Well-appointed patio area with table, chairs and barbeque equipment
- Towels are provided at this property
- Free Wi-Fi
- Integrated bluetooth speakers
- Electricity is by meter reading at discounted hydro electric rates
- Sorry - no pets or smoking at Grannda Mhor
PLEASE NOTE There is a charge of £10 to hire a cot per week there is a charge of £5 to hire a highchair per week. Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation. To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.