In a Nutshell
- One bathroom
- Private Garden
- Private parking
- Pub within walking distance
- Washing machine
- Wood burning stove
This cosy, romantic cottage has a log burning stove for cuddling in front of on chilly evenings and sunny patio area to take in the views on a lazy summers evening. Located midway between Hawkshead and Ambleside with Langdale only 5 miles away the area is ideal for those wanting to explore on foot or bike. Being all ground floor the cottage is perfect for those who have difficulty with stairs.
Outgate is a rural hamlet located 1 mile from Hawkshead, 5 miles from Langdale and 4 miles south east of Ambleside with village inn serving real ales. The area is perfect for those looking to explore the south lakes whilst staying in an area away from the hustle and bustle of the main tourist hot spots. Walks can be taken from the door with Latterbarrow, Tarn Hows and Blelham Hows are easily reached. Hawkshead, with its white washed houses, archways and alleyways, is a mile away with shops, bars and restaurants as well as Hill Top where Beatrix Potter famously got her inspiration for her books. Ambleside is a 10 minute drive and the ferry to take you across the lake to Windermere is also a short drive. Grizedale Cottage is located on Bracken Fell, a cluster of 5 cottages converted from the farm buildings with shared use of the grounds and can be rented alongside Latterbarrow Cottage sleeping 4.
Grizedale Cottage provides a cosy retreat for a romantic break at any time of year with a log burning stove to cuddle in front of on chilly evenings or relax on summers evenings on the patio whilst taking in the stunning views.
The cottage, all on ground floor level, is gas centrally heated and comprises:
- Dining/lounge with TV, DVD player and log burning stove.
- Large kitchen with electric oven and gas hob, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washer/dryer and microwave.
- Master double bedroom with king size bed and en-suite cloakroom with hand basin and WC.
- Bathroom with shower over bath, hand basin and WC.
- All gas, electric, bed linen and towels provided.
- Cot and highchair available.
- Private parking for 1 car per property lus extra parking for guests.
- Private patio area with garden furniture and shared use of the communal gardens.
PLEASE NOTE There is a charge of £10 to hire a cot per week there is a charge of £5 to hire a highchair per week. Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation. To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.