In a Nutshell
- One bathroom
- Private Garden
- Private parking
- Washing machine
- Budget cottage
Groom Cottage is a characterful Cumbrian cottage, which has been lovingly furnished and equipped. Located within the Lake District National Park with Loweswater, Crummock Water and Buttermere all close by. An ideal Lake District holiday cottage for couples or small families.
Groom Cottage was once part of the village pub, now converted into delightful cottages it enjoys a private and quiet location in the pretty and attractive village of High Lorton in the beautiful Lorton Vale surrounded by outstanding natural beauty and Lakeland scenery.
Lorton is an excellent base from which to explore the North Western corner of the Lake District National Park, Whinlatter Pass to the North and the lakes of Loweswater, Crummock Water and Buttermere are close by to the South, Keswick on Derwentwater is to the east and the quaint Georgian market town of Cockermouth is just a five to ten minute drive away.
The cottage forms part of a terrace of attractive cottages which back onto open countryside, Groom Cottage oozes charm and character and its corner position offers some lovely outlooks over the gardens with views towards surrounding Lakeland scenery.
Outside there is a delightful paved patio garden ideal for dining al fresco or relaxing after a long day exploring this stunning area.
The cottage has electric radiators and comprises:
- Lounge/diner with characterful exposed beams, TV, DVD, CD/radio player and a selection of books, French doors lead into a sunroom with easy seating and a further set of french doors leading out onto the patio/garden.
- Kitchen area with electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge and washer/dryer.
- First floor:Master double bedroom.
- Twin bedroom.
- Luxurious bathroom with modern rain shower over bath, hand basin with waterfall taps, WC and heated towel rail.
- All electric and bed linen included.
- Private parking for 2 cars.
- Outside patio garden with seating.
- Outhouse suitable for storing outdoor equipment.
PLEASE NOTE 2 dogs are welcome at a cost of £20 per dog per week. Cancellation Protection is available; please ensure this meets your requirements prior to adding to your booking. Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation. To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.