In a Nutshell
- Three bathrooms
- Secure Garden
- On street parking
- Pub within walking distance
- Washing machine
- Wood burning stove
The traditional Victorian cottage is in an area of peace and tranquillity in the Grizedale valley only 15 minutes from Lake Windermere. With 4 bedrooms, 2 wood burning stoves, front and rear gardens the cottage is the perfect base for families or a group of friends looking for a break away at any time of the year and is one of our more popular dog friendly cottages in the Lake District due to the number of low level walks and cycle paths for all of the family to enjoy close by.
The small village of Satterthwaite is located a 15 minute drive from Newby Bridge, Lake Windermere, Hawkshead and Coniston in the Grizedale valley. The village is ideally based to explore Grizedale Forest with its tree top adventure Go Ape, along with a number of low level walks and cycling paths throughout the valley. Satterthwaite has a village inn serving delicious food and the picturesque villages of Hawkshead and Coniston both have a wealth of amenities from village shops, antique shops, art galleries, eateries and traditional village pubs.
The lovingly restored Victorian cottage has everything you could wish for to ensure an enjoyable self catering holiday to remember, with stylish interior designed rooms decorated and equipped for all your needs and two wood burning stoves to snuggle in front of. Grandparents, or those who have difficulties with stairs, will appreciate the ground floor bedroom and shower room, a welcome retreat to escape the rest of the family for a little bit of peace and quiet.
The cottage has oil fired central heating throughout and comprises:
- Lounge with comfy sofas set around the wood burning stove, TV and DVD player.
- Small garden room with comfy seating, i Dock station and access to the garden.
- Farmhouse style kitchen with electric hob and double oven, dishwasher, fridge, freezer and microwave.
- Utility room with Belfast sink, washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Twin bedroom with wood burning stove.
- Shower room with hand basin and WC.
- First floor: Master double bedroom with king size bed with en-suite shower room with hand basin and WC.
- Double bedroom with zip link beds set up as a king size bed (please advise at the time of booking if twin beds required).
- Twin bedroom.
- Bathroom with shower over bath, hand basin and WC.
- All oil, electric, bed linen and initial supply of logs included.
- Cot and highchair available.
- Telephone for incoming and emergency calls only.
- On street parking.
- Enclosed front and rear garden with garden furniture.
PLEASE NOTE There is a charge of £10 to hire a cot per week there is a charge of £5 to hire a highchair per week. 3 dogs are welcome at a cost of £20 per dog per week. Cancellation Protection is available; please ensure this meets your requirements prior to adding to your booking. Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation. To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.