In a Nutshell
- One bathroom
- Private Garden
- Private parking
- Washing machine
- Wood burning stove
This ground floor cottage is newly built with vaulted ceilings, exposed oak beams, wood burning stove and garden overlooking the river. Idyllically located for a relaxing holiday at any time of year away from the hustle and bustle of the main Lake District villages but with easy access to Kendal and Lake Windermere and to explore the whole of Cumbria, Yorkshire Dales and Lancashire.
Stainton is located 5 miles south of Kendal and only a few minutes drive from the M6 motorway, making this an ideal base for those who wish to explore the delights of the Lake District and Cumbria. Kendal and Lake Windermere are both within an easy drive, the Eden Valley, Hadrian’s Wall, Yorkshire Dales and Lancashire can all be easily accessed via the motorway. Stainton was built on the site of an old roman settlement and there is a feel of time standing still, the Packhorse bridge and Stainton bridge date back considerable years. The nearest pub is in Barrows Green, 2 miles away and Kendal has a wealth of shops, bars, restaurants and attractions to keep the family entertained after a busy day sightseeing.
Hawthorn Cottage is all on one level and sits in an idyllic position on the banks of St Sunday’s Beck and is a newly built stone cottage full of character. The traditional Cumbrian cottage with vaulted beamed ceilings and wood burning stove has been furnished and equipped to an extremely high standard to ensure you have a relaxing stay no matter what the weather outside. The garden overlooks the babbling river and is an area our guests long to return to after a days exploring to unwind whilst watching the local wildlife including kingfishers, dippers and woodpeckers.
The cottage is gas centrally heated and comprises:
- Lounge with vaulted ceiling with exposed oak beams, the hand crafted window seat gives views over the garden to the river, flat screen TV, DVD player with a selection of DVDs and wood burning stove.
- Dining/kitchen hand crafted by the owners with gas range cooker with 3 ovens and hob, American fridge/freezer with ice maker and chilled water, microwave, washing machine, tumble dryer, Belfast sink and dining table.
- Master double bedroom with exposed oak beams
- Twin bedroom with exposed oak beams.
- Bathroom with separate shower cubicle, hand basin and WC.
- All gas, electric, bed linen, towels and logs provided.
- Highchair available.
- Ample private parking.
- Garden with patio areas overlooking the river with garden furniture and barbeque.
PLEASE NOTE There is a charge of £10 to hire a cot per week . Cancellation Protection is available; please ensure this meets your requirements prior to adding to your booking. Spa Treatments in the comfort of your holiday cottage can be added to your holiday reservation. To ensure these are available for your holiday, these must be booked and paid in advance.
To view prices select the no. of nights and then click on your chosen date on the calendar.